Anyone refusing to get a switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone refusing to get a switch?

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
6 months ago#11
When I first saw the Wii U I want impressed. I eventually bought one, got the entire NA library, and have to admit it is a good system.

However, when we first saw the Switch, we were sold immediately. I bought one, and have been having a lot of fun.

Each have their Pros and Cons, but honestly, the Switch is far better to me in so many ways. I won't give up my Wii U, but even though people say there aren't a lot of games for Switch, there are, and I'm having more fun with them than the Wii U (I rarely touch my Wii U now).

I dont have PS4 or Xbox, and probably won't buy either, but with the Switch I can play some games I never have before. They may not be the best versions, but that doesn't bother me.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
6 months ago#12
gamestunner posted...
Refusing? No, waiting? Yes.
Now Playing NintendoLand(Wii U), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii), Super Mario 3D Land(3DS), Super Mario 3D World(Wii U), New Super Mario Bros U(Wii U)

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
6 months ago#13
I'm waiting until '19 Very happy w/ my Wii U. Switch needs a few more exclusives-the only games on it I want to play are Splatoon 2 & Odyssey.
Now Playing NintendoLand(Wii U), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii), Super Mario 3D Land(3DS), Super Mario 3D World(Wii U), New Super Mario Bros U(Wii U)

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
6 months ago#14
I guess I’m still pissed they ditched support so fast I love the system and still play it a ton I think it’s amazing.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
6 months ago#15
SexPantherPanda posted...
I guess I’m still pissed they ditched support so fast I love the system and still play it a ton I think it’s amazing.

Considering how poorly the Wii U did, Nintendo didn't stop support early. Games weren't exactly flying to the system...it wasn't selling like hot cakes... Nintendo did what they had to do to compete with Sony and Microsoft. If they stuck with the Wii U, then Nintendo would only have dug themselves deeper.

As much as some people in this board enjoy the system, it was a failure. It was a smart business decision to move on. It was the system that could, but unfortunately didn't.

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
6 months ago#16
Portable BotW and Mario Odyssey sold me on the Switch, so no, I didn't really refuse to get it.

And out of the three "modern" Nintendo systems (3DS, Wii U, Switch), I'd still say that the Wii U was the worst at the end of the day. Some of its games weren't up to par with Nintendo's usual standards (look at literally any Mario spinoff that isn't Mario Kart), there were constant droughts (people moan about the Switch's "droughts" all the time, but it's nothing compared to what happened with the U), and a lot of its major titles (Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, etc.) didn't even use the second screen in any meaningful way; just like with the 3D effect on the 3DS, it was as if Nintendo just abandoned the system's gimmick after a while.

The Wii U certainly had potential; there's no denying that. But Nintendo missed nearly ever possible opportunity to make the system better. The port situation on the Switch is just their (questionable) way of salvaging their mess.
PC / GCN / Wii / Wii U / 3DS / Switch / iOS / Android
Now Playing: A Hat in Time (PC), Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Kirby Star Allies (NS)

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
6 months ago#17
SwitchNinja2 posted...
Portable BotW and Mario Odyssey sold me on the Switch, so no, I didn't really refuse to get it.

And out of the three "modern" Nintendo systems (3DS, Wii U, Switch), I'd still say that the Wii U was the worst at the end of the day. Some of its games weren't up to par with Nintendo's usual standards (look at literally any Mario spinoff that isn't Mario Kart), there were constant droughts (people moan about the Switch's "droughts" all the time, but it's nothing compared to what happened with the U), and a lot of its major titles (Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, etc.) didn't even use the second screen in any meaningful way; just like with the 3D effect on the 3DS, it was as if Nintendo just abandoned the system's gimmick after a while.

The Wii U certainly had potential; there's no denying that. But Nintendo missed nearly ever possible opportunity to make the system better. The port situation on the Switch is just their (questionable) way of salvaging their mess.

If the games were not of Nintendo’s usual standards then why are they porting over literally every wii-U title to the switch?
(message deleted)

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
6 months ago#19
SexPantherPanda posted...
SwitchNinja2 posted...

If the games were not of Nintendo’s usual standards then why are they porting over literally every wii-U title to the switch?

I said "some", not "all".

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Mario Party 10, Star Fox Zero, Sonic Boom (though that's not really Nintendo, it is an exclusive), New Super Luigi U, Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival, etc.
PC / GCN / Wii / Wii U / 3DS / Switch / iOS / Android
Now Playing: A Hat in Time (PC), Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Kirby Star Allies (NS)

User Info: ElNachoCheese

ElNachoCheese
6 months ago#20
I wouldn't say "refusing" but it just doesn't interest me right now. Mario Kart ? Already played it. BOTW? Already played it. Tropical Freeze? Already played it. Treasure Tracker? Bayonetta? The only thing is Mario Odysee but it's not enough to make be drop about 400$ on a new system.
Twitch.tv/ElNachoCheese
PSN/NNID/Steam/XBOX: ElNachoCheese
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone refusing to get a switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived