Is Super Mario Maker still worth investing on Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Super Mario Maker still worth investing on Wii U?

User Info: Need2KnowLion

Need2KnowLion
4 months ago#1
Kinda wished this game got a Deluxe port on the Switch, but I’m still coming back to the Wii U for Smash and VC titles. Would Mario Maker be a good addition to my library, even though I may only be interested in playing other people’s levels?

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
4 months ago#2
It will no doubt get a switch port

User Info: dr_zomberg

dr_zomberg
4 months ago#3
absolutely. miiverse shutting down did not affect MM. if all you want to do is play made up levels, youll get an infinte amount of them for a very long time.
3d erotica maker, videogame collector, phd in zombie lore. Also a girl
DO.NOT.MENTION.ME.EVER.

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
3 months ago#4
slymshady posted...

Stop port begging.

It needs a sequel

User Info: danzam40

danzam40
3 months ago#5
Brianst0rm posted...
slymshady posted...

Stop port begging.

It needs a sequel

Not really much they can do for a sequel to this game. They already have all the retro Mario level designs. Unless they can somehow make it so that people can design their own Super Mario 64 levels but I’d imagine a 3D design system with different objectives would be too complex for a “create your own level” game.
Won't change signature until Samoa Joe wins a world championship in WWE or is released!!
Created 06/22/17

User Info: MannyCav

MannyCav
3 months ago#6
There are still a tonne of elements from the original games not yet in Mario Maker. The SMB1-style level loops, balance bridges, Bullet Bill and Cheep Cheep runs, practically anything from SMB2 (USA), SMB3 ice blocks, SMW slopes, enemies, etc. Level makers these days are incredibly creative with what they have now, and the things they could make with even more tools would be unimaginable now. There are still a lot of frontiers to explore with the current Mario Maker design, especially if they incorporate that SMB2 stuff, as well as some Yoshi's Island.
Protest the protests! We need less division, not more.
People sleep peacefully... only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.--Grenier

User Info: IAmCaptPlanet

IAmCaptPlanet
3 months ago#7
i dont know if the Switch touch screen works well enough for SMM
THE POWER IS YOURS!

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#8
dr_zomberg posted...
absolutely. miiverse shutting down did not affect MM. if all you want to do is play made up levels, youll get an infinte amount of them for a very long time.

Wrong. Miiverse shutting down absolutely impacted the game. You lost the ability to comment on other people's levels, amongst other features.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#9
A Switch port seems inevitable, but we don't have any info for now.

Do you plan on getting a Switch or already own one? If so, then I'd recommend passing on the Wii U Super Mario Maker.

No plans to get a Switch? Then the Wii U version is absolutely worth it, even if it is no longer what it once was (less active community, no Miiverse, etc.).
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: FunkyKong84

FunkyKong84
3 months ago#10
danzam40 posted...
Not really much they can do for a sequel to this game.

What are you talking about? There's a whole bunch of stuff they can do to make it look like a sequel
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/FunkyKong84
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is Super Mario Maker still worth investing on Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived