It's amazing that Nintendo kept the U afloat as long as they did w/ no 3rd party

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It's amazing that Nintendo kept the U afloat as long as they did w/ no 3rd party

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
7 months ago#1
support. When I think about iy-the Wii U had virtually no 3rd party support, so it's amazing to me that Nintendo meticulously released their own games, one after another...& managed to sell 13 million Us. When 3rd parties gave up on the Wii U, it was up to Nintendo to make

Smash 4
MK 8
Splatoon
Breath of the Wild
Color Splash
Star Fox
Yoshi's Woolly World
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Zelda Windwaker HD
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Bayonetta 2
NintendoLand
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Mario Party 10

these guys carried a dead system for 5 years-& I'm missing a couple. Nintendo did their part is what I'm saying.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Pikmin 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Cptn Toad Wii U, Cuphead, Batman Arkham Knight, Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, Bayonetta, Voodoo Vince: Re-

User Info: celebar

celebar
7 months ago#2
You forgot Xenoblade X ;)

But yeah the system had great first party support. To this day the PS4 and Xbox One still haven't come close to matching it in that area.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

Nodrog77
7 months ago#3
celebar posted...
You forgot Xenoblade X ;)

But yeah the system had great first party support. To this day the PS4 and Xbox One still haven't come close to matching it in that area.

I ALSO forgot DKC: Trop Freeze &
Hyrule Warriors.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Pikmin 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Cptn Toad Wii U, Cuphead, Batman Arkham Knight, Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, Bayonetta, Voodoo Vince: Re-

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
7 months ago#4
Wariorware game(Forgot what it was called, but we got it in the first year of the U) Wii Fit U, Sports club game(Wii Sports sequel), Paper Mario, etc. yeah, we got a lot of stuff. Some of it was really really good, and some was iffy at best, but overall we got great stuff on this machine, and I think Nintendo is the only ones who could keep a machine going for 5 years with only 13 million sold(By comparison The Vita has 22-23 million sold, and Sony had pretty much dumped it years ago)

Nodrog77
7 months ago#5
Xoned posted...
Wariorware game(Forgot what it was called, but we got it in the first year of the U) Wii Fit U, Sports club game(Wii Sports sequel), Paper Mario, etc. yeah, we got a lot of stuff. Some of it was really really good, and some was iffy at best, but overall we got great stuff on this machine, and I think Nintendo is the only ones who could keep a machine going for 5 years with only 13 million sold(By comparison The Vita has 22-23 million sold, and Sony had pretty much dumped it years ago)

Good point.

User Info: neschest

neschest
7 months ago#6
Only three 3rd party sports games on the system... that really does say something
FIFA Soccer 13
NBA 2K13
Madden NFL 13
www.youtube.com/c/neschest

User Info: slymshady

slymshady
7 months ago#7
We barely got 4 years. It was dead in their eyes by 2015. It really was a beta for the switch

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
7 months ago#8
Those games came between long droughts where nothing of interest was released. And some of them (3D Mario, Paper Mario, Mario Tennis, Star Fox, etc.) had elements that made them controversial compared to their predecessors.
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
Now Playing: Paper Mario TTYD, Metroid Prime, The Wind Waker HD

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
7 months ago#9
Wait. So this is the topic where we praise Nintendo for supporting the Wii U console that they built with their own games? That is what they were supposed to do, and to be perfectly honest. While there are some very good games on this platform. They didn't do enough.

I knew third party support was doomed when Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online was put on hold indefinitely in 2012. That news almost made me regret buying this console early on, but I refused to believe that a game that was shown off at E3 by Ubisoft as much as this one would never see a release on the platform, and I was wrong.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
7 months ago#10
Nodrog77 posted...

Smash 4
MK 8
Splatoon
Breath of the Wild
Color Splash
Star Fox

Yoshi's Woolly World
Zelda Twilight Princess HD
Zelda Windwaker HD
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Bayonetta 2
NintendoLand
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
Mario Party 10

Bolded games are garbage. How do you include those s*** games and not one of the system's actual best games Xenoblade Chronicles X? Yes, the Wii U did have some good 1st party titles, but even their 1st party titles are lacking compared to every other Nintendo system. Wii U arguably had the worst Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Wario, Animal Crossing, and Star Fox game.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. It's amazing that Nintendo kept the U afloat as long as they did w/ no 3rd party

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived