Did you enjoy the Wii U more than the Wii?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did you enjoy the Wii U more than the Wii?

User Info: red_car

red_car
5 months ago#1
Which system do you like more? - Results (57 votes)
Wii U (by a lot)
38.6% (22 votes)
Wii U (by a little)
24.56% (14 votes)
Wii (by a little)
5.26% (3 votes)
Wii (by a lot)
26.32% (15 votes)
I've only played the Wii U
3.51% (2 votes)
I've only played the Wii
0% (0 votes)
I haven't played either of them
1.75% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
I actually don't have much experience with the Wii, so I can't really give an opinion on this subject.
-----

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
5 months ago#2
Wii U because I actually bought my Wii kind of late into the cycle.

In the mid-2000s I was much more into PC gaming and didn't get my Wii until about 2008-2009ish?

I really did enjoy it though, but between the backwards compatibility and not being confused or terrified by the overwhelmingly complex concept of putting a screen on a standard twin-stick controller (which the gaming media kept insisting was beyond their dumb readers and viewers comprehension)...I really enjoyed the Wii U even if it lacked a steady software release calendar.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#3
I got the wii on day one, and I still like the wii u better. idk what it was, they just had more games I liked. At least, as far as I remember, I got more wii u games.
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If the mods ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
5 months ago#4
Wii way more. It has better games
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
5 months ago#5
Yes. It gave me a good Smash Bros game, a good Mario Kart game, Super Mario Maker, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, more indie and digital games, etc. Heck, I even liked Nintendo Land more than Wii Sports.

Not to say the Wii is bad; it had Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Skyward Sword, Mario Sports Mix, Galaxy 2, etc.
Still waiting for a Paper Mario RPG, Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: red_car

red_car
5 months ago#6
Wii U library vs. Wii library is what I was going for, but I kinda forgot to point that out when I made the poll. The Wii U being able to play Wii games gives it an advantage.
-----

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
5 months ago#7
The Wii U is a much better system than people give it credit for, but I would say there is at least what I would call a mid size gap between the Wii and the Wii U, with the Wii being better.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
5 months ago#8
Obviously. Wii was my least favorite console of its generation, I barely played all the games I had for it for more than 800 hours.

I've scored 1400 hours in Splatoon alone.

User Info: NihiloExistant

NihiloExistant
5 months ago#9
No, Wii had more games I liked on it (granted, it also had more games in general).
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
5 months ago#10
I was much more excited for the Wii U when it was revealed than I was for the Wii. I saw the potential in the Wii U gamepad for so many more of the kinds of games that I loved to play (online multiplayer) that the Wii was not getting. I waited three and a half years to finally buy a Wii after it was released, and I pre-ordered and purchased the Wii U the day that it was launched.

While I've spent hundreds of hours with Wii Sports, Tiger Woods PGA Golf, and the numerous arcade light gun style games that were released on the Wii. I've found the gimmicks in the Wii U gamepad to be much more enjoyable in a home console, and more practical for everyday use.

The biggest problem with the Wii U was the lack of support for all controllers supported buy the console. Developers didn't want to make HD games for the Wii U that supported the Wii remote technology. I was ready and waiting for that EA Rory McIlroy PGA Golf game with Wii Remote Plus support for the Wii U that never came. There was never a high quality HD Pool game released for Wii U that used motion plus Wii remotes.

Then it was the same for the gamepad. The Ghost recon Online demo from 2011 looked so promising, but it never turned into anything. The Wii U was supposed t be the console that brought all of the gimmicks from Wii and Wii U technology together, but when all of them are being underutilized. Well...we saw what happened.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did you enjoy the Wii U more than the Wii?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived