• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. They should make more wii u games

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
10 months ago#31
jimi_dini posted...

I am quite sure that this was originally a Wii U title.
They were simply able to easily port it over. It was quite obviously also rushed, which explains the day 1 patch.

They couldn't do that with Color Splash, so that's why that game was still released on the Wii U. And that one didn't need a day 1 patch, because it was properly tested.

Day 1 patches are indeed bad.

But at least Odyssey was actually a great game. Color Splash is just more disappointment after the half-baked SPM and the atrocious Sticker Star. At this point, the Paper Mario series is never going to reach its previous heights again, much less surpass them.
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
Now Playing: Paper Mario TTYD, Kirby Super Star Ultra, The Wind Waker HD

User Info: DoMyEyesLie

DoMyEyesLie
10 months ago#32
I'd be down to get a good number of games if they made physical copies for them. But I don't see that happening unless Limited Run Games and other companies start doing it. Everybody pulled out of the Wii U.
Yay gaming

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
10 months ago#33
Nodrog77 posted...
It would be nice to get a couple of farewell games-maybe 3rd party..but being that the U is considered a failed system-there's really no incentive for a dev. I would have liked to have Odyssey released for the U, & I think maybe it could have handled the game. But the Switch needed a system seller. I'm not saying for sure that the U could have handled Odyssey, but I wonder.

The U most likely could have handled Odyssey. The U handled Breath of the Wild almost as well as the Switch did.

I wouldn't be surprised if Odyssey was originally being developed for the Wii U at some point.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
10 months ago#34
Littlefoot posted...
Can’t see it happening, the system is discontinued and the install base is to small to justify anything but small indie games.

just like the ps vita tho...
not saying i am or against new games but just saying
KPop

User Info: celebar

celebar
10 months ago#35
Skill4Reel posted...
A port of Splatoon 2 for Wii U would make my day

That'd be the weirdest business decision ever.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
10 months ago#36
jimi_dini posted...
I am quite sure that this was originally a Wii U title.
They were simply able to easily port it over. It was quite obviously also rushed, which explains the day 1 patch.

They couldn't do that with Color Splash, so that's why that game was still released on the Wii U. And that one didn't need a day 1 patch, because it was properly tested.

Ahaha...
https://youtu.be/hOwKQ7mVc2g

No, it really wasn't. If your game has a random chance of removing all of your cards over the course of nearly ten minutes (I would know, it also happened to me), your game needs a patch really badly.

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
10 months ago#37
DoMyEyesLie posted...
I'd be down to get a good number of games if they made physical copies for them. But I don't see that happening unless Limited Run Games and other companies start doing it. Everybody pulled out of the Wii U.

That's fair. Limited Run Games doing a physical release via a pre-order only system would be... Viable.

They definitely wouldn't be new games, though; likely just some of the more popular eShop games. I just don't know of any titles that would really warrant all that at this point.
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (XONE); DragonBall Fusions (3DS); Armajet (Android); RuneScape (PC)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. They should make more wii u games
  • Topic Archived