What is your favorite 3D Mario Platformer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is your favorite 3D Mario Platformer?

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 weeks ago#1
I did this poll on the Switch board & was a little surprised by the voting. Which is your favorite 3D Mario? - Results (57 votes)
Super Mario 64/64 DS
24.56% (14 votes)
Super Mario Galaxy 2
5.26% (3 votes)
Super Mario 3D Land
5.26% (3 votes)
Super Mario Galaxy
22.81% (13 votes)
Super Mario Odyssey
17.54% (10 votes)
Super Mario 3D World
12.28% (7 votes)
Super Mario Sunshine
12.28% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Which 3D Mario is the funnest? Like I said in the Q:, the results in the Switch poll were definitely surprising to me. I will reveal why after we get some votes.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Super Mario Galaxy, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, A Hat in Time(X1), Batman Arkham Knight(X1), Cuphead, Bayo1

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
4 weeks ago#2
64. I might have a bit of nostalgic bias for it and it is showing it’s age as an early 3D game, but i still enjoy it just as much now as i did back when it came out. The levels are fun to explore and with a few exceptions, there’s nothing preventing you from going out of your way to obtain another star in the same level.
Even a 65-million year old dinosaur can't say no to something fun as gaming.

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
4 weeks ago#3
Galaxy. I have more fond memories with Galaxy 2, but Galaxy is where all of its ideas came from. It also did a better job when it came to atmosphere and presentation, in my opinion.

My personal order is:

Galaxy > Galaxy 2 > Odyssey > 3D World > Sunshine

Haven't played much of 64 and haven't touched 3D Land.
Ah, GameFAQs. The home of saltiness.
Favorite Games: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Super Mario Odyssey

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 weeks ago#4
64 was a revolution for its time but I find it annoying to play in 2018 because of the dated technology. The Galaxy games are probably my favorite but 3D World is an incredible game too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpyg1kmAXk

User Info: ParadiseRegaind

ParadiseRegaind
4 weeks ago#5
My family and I love 3D World. Such a great game!

User Info: jurfi1

jurfi1
4 weeks ago#6
3d World for sure.

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
4 weeks ago#7
Super Mario 64 because childhood.
I like og Xbox so much I made a youtube about it.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLoMsQgAsN0scmkQvievLA

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 weeks ago#8
When I did this poll on the Switch board..I was surprised to see that Super Mario 3D World actually got alot of votes-2nd or 3rd most with Odyssey getting way fewer votes than I thought it would get.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Super Mario Galaxy, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, A Hat in Time(X1), Batman Arkham Knight(X1), Cuphead, Bayo1

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
4 weeks ago#9
Nostalgia colored poll.

I can totally understand though.

As someone who had their mind blown as a child by Super Mario Bros. the first time he saw that screen scroll to the right and a whole world of colorful and imaginative stuff open up in front of that silly mustached plumber...it left an impression on me that will forever be near and dear to my heart.

It didn't matter that Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World were superior to those games in every way, building on the simple concepts and fleshing them out to amazing new heights.

The difference is, in retrospect I can objectively evaluate these games, and I can recognize that SMB3 and SMW were in fact superior games to the original, despite their initial presentation not being quite as magical or impressionable.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is your favorite 3D Mario Platformer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived