To get a Wii U or not

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. To get a Wii U or not

User Info: pinksugar11

pinksugar11
4 months ago#1
So I already have a Nintendo Switch - With Zelda BOTW as well as a few other games. BOTW was my first experience with Zelda games and I've gotten hooked! I was looking into other games and I have an original 3ds in which to play all ds games but I noticed there were quite a few for the Wii and Wii U. I know the consoles are no longer being produced but I was thinking of buying a used Wii U from Gamestop and purchasing Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Wind Waker for that console since there is no guarantee that the Switch will remake those games for it's platform. Is this a silly idea? Has anyone heard of those games being remade for the Switch any time soon?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
4 months ago#2
Yes
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
Proud member of the Empoleon army

User Info: Nintenking

Nintenking
4 months ago#3
Yes, get one.

Your first priority, though, should not be Zelda games, but to activate the console's Wii Mode, head to the Wii Shop Channel and buy whatever Virtual Console and Wiiware games you want from there before it closes down.

This video goes over the games that are on the Wii's Virtual Console but not the Wii U's (note that the lists are based on the US Virtual Console).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ91uR4KGd8

After you're done that, the Zelda games that are available on Wii U are:

The Legend of Zelda (NES VC)
Adventure of Link (NES VC)
A Link to the Past (SNES VC)
Ocarina of Time (N64 VC)
Majora's Mask (N64 VC)
The Wind Waker HD (Originally Gamecube, but here as a Wii U remaster)
The Minish Cap (GBA VC)
Twilight Princess/Twilight Princess HD (Wii/Wii U)
Phantom Hourglass (DS VC)
Spirit Tracks (DS VC)
Skyward Sword (Wii)
Breath of the Wild (Wii U/Switch)

Also these spin off games:

Link's Crossbow Training (basically a Zelda themed light gun game that uses the Wiimote as a crossbow))
Hyrule Warriors (Dynasty Warriors, but with a Zelda theme).
Nintenking sits down and starts singing about Karma.

User Info: ElNachoCheese

ElNachoCheese
4 months ago#4
I personally think the Wii u is worth a buy still.
Twitch.tv/ElNachoCheese
PSN/NNID/Steam/XBOX: ElNachoCheese

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#5
The Wii U is still worth it
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Splinter Cell Blacklist (Wii U), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
4 months ago#6
I love my U still. Basically, it goes without saying that it has a decent library, and if you throw the good third party titles on top of certain Nintendo exclusives that won't see the light of day on Switch, and it is more than worth it.

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
4 months ago#7
Depends. For how much?
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: este914

este914
4 months ago#8
TsundereAmiChan posted...
Depends. For how much?

This. TC, how much can you get one for ?

-

User Info: Nintenking

Nintenking
4 months ago#9
Xoned posted...
I love my U still. Basically, it goes without saying that it has a decent library, and if you throw the good third party titles on top of certain Nintendo exclusives that won't see the light of day on Switch, and it is more than worth it.

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if TC didn't end up with that many actual Wii U games, but the Wii capabilities and the virtual console, together with whatever Wii U games they do end up getting, should still make it a worthwhile purchase.
Nintenking sits down and starts singing about Karma.

User Info: Xoned

Xoned
3 months ago#10
Nintenking posted...
Xoned posted...

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if TC didn't end up with that many actual Wii U games, but the Wii capabilities and the virtual console, together with whatever Wii U games they do end up getting, should still make it a worthwhile purchase.

Agreed. VC is good, has some nice games. A few gems on the Eshop too. Along with BC with Wii, it's a great system.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. To get a Wii U or not

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived