People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#41
Mr_Rudd posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...

So you don't have access to the portability and extra features. If you had skipped the U, you could play all these games now with these bonuses while having spent less money.

n00bsaib0t posted...
Wario_man posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...
its not about one port, its about all the ports, Nintendo pretty much telling people who bought the WiiU that they were suckers

Did Sony and Microsoft also tell their customers that they are suckers? Because most of the first party heavy hitters from last gen can be played on PS4 and XB1.

But that doesn’t further the “evil Nintendo” agenda so no one talks about that.

They actually have other games though.

No, third parties have other games. And most of the good ones have been ported as well.

It doesn't matter they they're third party games. The point is that the PS360 still had plenty of titles that weren't ported to next gen, so Sony and MS porting and remastering 1st party titles didn't render the original console purchases pointless.

If I had skipped the WiiU I wouldn’t have played the games years ago, and I wouldn’t have played the games that won’t get ported. Portability isn’t really a factor in games I don’t feel like playing again now, is it?

Said games that aren’t getting ported are why the Switch doesn’t render the WiiU useless.

You don't feel like playing them again because you already played them. If you hadn't, you would be playing them now with portability and enhancements. And many care less about playing games as early as possible and more about getting as good an experience as possible.

How many worthy exclusives does the U still have?

If that was the case people wouldn’t buy consoles until the next one comes out, and game sales wouldn’t be strongest in the first year.

And that’s some grade A goal post moving there with the exclusives. Why is it with PS3 and 360 the third party multiplats are good reason to keep a system but with the WiiU it’s not allowed to be on another system to be worth owning?
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
4 weeks ago#42
I dunno if it's good or not. The crappyness of Returns alone has kept me from trying TF, since it follows Retro's baffling formula.

I agree that Nintendo will import their games till the end of time. And fans of a game will usually be happy to see it, so I don't know why your whining?

The DKC trilogy is awesome, but it has PLENTY of obnoxiously hard levels and bulls*** mechanics. Rare has a sadistic streak. I think you've forgotten that.

Rocket Barrel Race, Tanked Up Trouble, Kastle Crush, Toxic Tower, Klobber Carnage, Lightning Look-out, Platform Perils, Swoopy Salvo, Forest Frenzy.

None of us breezed through levels like that either.
I'm a chick

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 weeks ago#43
Lil_Bit83 posted...
I dunno if it's good or not. The crappyness of Returns alone has kept me from trying TF, since it follows Retro's baffling formula.

I agree that Nintendo will import their games till the end of time. And fans of a game will usually be happy to see it, so I don't know why your whining?

The DKC trilogy is awesome, but it has PLENTY of obnoxiously hard levels and bulls*** mechanics. Rare has a sadistic streak. I think you've forgotten that.

Rocket Barrel Race, Tanked Up Trouble, Kastle Crush, Toxic Tower, Klobber Carnage, Lightning Look-out, Platform Perils, Swoopy Salvo, Forest Frenzy.

Eh, not breezing through levels is a thing, but obnoxiously hard with buls*** mechanics? Only the last level of DKC3 had something like that.

The last level of DKC1 could be that but only because Diddy can't kill Krushas, which is bulls***.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 315K words/21 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

Lil_Bit83
4 weeks ago#44
guedesbrawl posted...
Lil_Bit83 posted...

Eh, not breezing through levels is a thing, but obnoxiously hard with buls*** mechanics? Only the last level of DKC3 had something like that.

The last level of DKC1 could be that but only because Diddy can't kill Krushas, which is bulls***.

Yeah. Losing Donkey sucks in Platform Perils. X(

Rocket Barrel Race was bulls*** for not only giving you a time limit, but switching your controls on you.

Tanked Up Trouble has much needed barrels between zingers sometimes, which is a major pain in the ass.

Swoopy Salvo sucks because let's face it, Squawks is a pain in the ass to control. He's slow, he has to be kept flapping and it's awful trying to get him through the endless line of faster Swoopy's.

Rattly is cute, but he sucks and having to take a moment to charge a super jump with rising acid is not my idea of fun. Especially if you miss.

Rare has weird difficulty. One level your enjoying the challenge, or barely even registered you went through one, then you'd get some you'd be stuck forever on.
I'm a chick

guedesbrawl
4 weeks ago#45
Swoopy Salvo, as well as anything involving underwater or squawks and/or DKC2's wind, it gets a lot easier once you realize you can slow down your fall by holding up.

Didn't have that much of a problem with Rattly in Toxic Tower; pretty sure normal jumps are more than enough for most of thhat part.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 315K words/21 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

Lil_Bit83
3 weeks ago#46
I'm not crazy about Windy Well, but I love Gusty Glade.
I'm a chick

guedesbrawl
3 weeks ago#47
Oh, I guess Gusty Glade doesn't count for that.

But seriously, Animal Antics goes from 10/10 difficulty to, like, 7/10 once you get how to manipulate aerial momentum.

User Info: IngSlayer

IngSlayer
3 weeks ago#48
It's not unnecessary. Nobody bought the Wii U, so they're putting these games on a console that everyone actually have.

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
3 weeks ago#49
IngSlayer posted...
It's not unnecessary. Nobody bought the Wii U, so they're putting these games on a console that everyone actually have.

Not everyone.

I agree as a business it makes sense.

I still find games that utilize the gamepad are better on Wii U vs the Switch.
lovecraft223

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
3 weeks ago#50
Brianst0rm posted...
That game sucks,

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is a platforming masterpiece...

Brianst0rm posted...
it has an unnecessary difficulty

git gud...seriously.

The game starts somewhat easy, then slowly but steadily ramps up the challenge. I'm probably above average skill for platformers, not some speedrun god...and I managed to 100%.

Brianst0rm posted...
you can only play with DK,

True - on single player...
But the whole buddy system is factored into that. It was clearly a design choice.

Brianst0rm posted...
the level designs are bad

Are you F'ing kidding me! The levels are all quite meticulously designed with almost every stage having some unique mechanic or aesthetic theme.

This is where the game actually shines brightest. Even the mine karts and rocket ship stages will change up the gameplay in some way. Now you're really stretching credibility.

Brianst0rm posted...
the game itself and its prequel shouldn't carry the Donkey Kong Country name because they're nothing like the original trilogy.

...and the REAL REASON for the hate comes out...bitter nostalgia glasses.

Well here's the thing, I played the original trilogy on SNES when they were new, and they were great. Let's keep it 100% real here, you could not ask for a more suitable or perfect follow-up to the original trilogy than DKC:TF.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived