People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
1 month ago#31
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...
its not about one port, its about all the ports, Nintendo pretty much telling people who bought the WiiU that they were suckers

Did Sony and Microsoft also tell their customers that they are suckers? Because most of the first party heavy hitters from last gen can be played on PS4 and XB1.

But that doesn’t further the “evil Nintendo” agenda so no one talks about that.

They actually have other games though.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#32
Wario_man posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...
its not about one port, its about all the ports, Nintendo pretty much telling people who bought the WiiU that they were suckers

Did Sony and Microsoft also tell their customers that they are suckers? Because most of the first party heavy hitters from last gen can be played on PS4 and XB1.

No, third parties have other games. And most of the good ones have been ported as well.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: LuigisBro

LuigisBro
1 month ago#33
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

difference is anybody who bought the PS3 & 360 got their money's worth cause those systems received plenty of support and Sony & MS made the generation last a long time, no one can say about the WiiU with a straight face, and now anybody who bought it realizes that they could've just waited for the Switch and get like 99% of the games that was worth playing on the WiiU

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#34
LuigisBro posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

difference is anybody who bought the PS3 & 360 got their money's worth cause those systems received plenty of support and Sony & MS made the generation last a long time, no one can say about the WiiU with a straight face, and now anybody who bought it realizes that they could've just waited for the Switch and get like 99% of the games that was worth playing on the WiiU

I owned a WiiU. I bought somewhere in the area of 50 games for it not including VC. If you didn’t get your moneys worth that’s your problem. Guess what? Now that I’ve played all those I don’t have to buy them for my Switch. Crazy how that works, huh?

But what I really want to know is why Nintendo is obligated not to port their games because third parties dropped support for the WiiU. It makes no sense to me.

User Info: LuigisBro

LuigisBro
4 weeks ago#35
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

I owned a WiiU. I bought somewhere in the area of 50 games for it not including VC. If you didn’t get your moneys worth that’s your problem. Guess what? Now that I’ve played all those I don’t have to buy them for my Switch. Crazy how that works, huh?

But what I really want to know is why Nintendo is obligated not to port their games because third parties dropped support for the WiiU. It makes no sense to me.

the world doesn't revolve around you, according to the attach rate WiiU owners in general only owned around 7 games, and if they didn't get their money's worth its because Nintendo never bothers to secure support for their systems

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#36
LuigisBro posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

the world doesn't revolve around you, according to the attach rate WiiU owners in general only owned around 7 games, and if they didn't get their money's worth its because Nintendo never bothers to secure support for their systems

Goal post moving. First nobody could say it, now because someone can it doesn't count because of reasons.

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
4 weeks ago#37
n00bsaib0t posted...

So you don't have access to the portability and extra features. If you had skipped the U, you could play all these games now with these bonuses while having spent less money.

n00bsaib0t posted...
Wario_man posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

No, third parties have other games. And most of the good ones have been ported as well.

It doesn't matter they they're third party games. The point is that the PS360 still had plenty of titles that weren't ported to next gen, so Sony and MS porting and remastering 1st party titles didn't render the original console purchases pointless.

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#38
Mr_Rudd posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

So you don't have access to the portability and extra features. If you had skipped the U, you could play all these games now with these bonuses while having spent less money.

n00bsaib0t posted...
Wario_man posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

It doesn't matter they they're third party games. The point is that the PS360 still had plenty of titles that weren't ported to next gen, so Sony and MS porting and remastering 1st party titles didn't render the original console purchases pointless.

If I had skipped the WiiU I wouldn’t have played the games years ago, and I wouldn’t have played the games that won’t get ported. Portability isn’t really a factor in games I don’t feel like playing again now, is it?

Said games that aren’t getting ported are why the Switch doesn’t render the WiiU useless.

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
4 weeks ago#39
Why are people even complaining about difficulty in TF when they have an item shop with stuff that respawns you from pit deaths or gives you dixie whenever?

It's an abusively easy game unless you outright ignore the shop. Whcih I did, btw, Squawks aside.
My naruhina-oriented retelling of Naruto (currently has 315K words/21 chapters): https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11577577/1/Because-I-Love-You-Chasing-After-You

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
4 weeks ago#40
n00bsaib0t posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

n00bsaib0t posted...
Wario_man posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
LuigisBro posted...

If I had skipped the WiiU I wouldn’t have played the games years ago, and I wouldn’t have played the games that won’t get ported. Portability isn’t really a factor in games I don’t feel like playing again now, is it?

Said games that aren’t getting ported are why the Switch doesn’t render the WiiU useless.

You don't feel like playing them again because you already played them. If you hadn't, you would be playing them now with portability and enhancements. And many care less about playing games as early as possible and more about getting as good an experience as possible.

How many worthy exclusives does the U still have?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived