People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
3 months ago#21
Brianst0rm posted...
why the hell are y'all crying over DCKTF being ported to Switch?

Proof?
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
3 months ago#22
Brianst0rm posted...
TsundereAmiChan posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

Haven't played it but is difficulty really such a bad thing?

Yes. It's too difficult and some of the mechanics are horrible

I get game over like 3 times on every stage I play.

It's really not that hard. I found Returns to be much tougher.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/DorianMC7?type=posted

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
3 months ago#23
Returns is tolerable on 3DS, I find the Wii version horrible.

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
3 months ago#24
DTY3 posted...
It's really not that hard. I found Returns to be much tougher.

i remember the wii version of returns had some awkward feeling controls for me, it would have been nice to have had a collection of both games with the ability to use button controls in the original (but with the smoother framerate of the wii version over the 3ds one)
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
3 months ago#25
Tenchi UK posted...
i remember the wii version of returns had some awkward feeling controls for me, it would have been nice to have had a collection of both games with the ability to use button controls in the original (but with the smoother framerate of the wii version over the 3ds one)

Yeah, I'm going to have to say it. In terms of design, Returns probably needed the port more.
3DS version is the better of the two, but that also altered framerate and resolution isn't desirable either.

Also, having both on 1 cart would actually justify the $60 price tag, which I will admit is a bit ridiculous unless it's later confirmed to be a placeholder like Dark Souls.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#26
legefy posted...
If they wanted to play those particular games they'd have gotten a Wii U way back then. That's why I, and I assume a good number of folks here, got theirs. Because there were games on the system you wanted to play.

The Wii U might have been a let down in hindsight, but that doesn't mean nobody bought it.

I'm sorry. I know it's a knee jerk reaction, but I'm disgusted by how badly they've handled this situation by continuing to leech off the Wii U's exclusives. Digital virtual console ports way down the line are fine, not literally rereleasing the exact same game on the modern barely updated console. I mean bloody hell the Hyrule Warriors fans were screaming for legend's extra content to make it's way to the Wii U and were blatantly ignored.

“If they wanted to play these games on a handheld they should have bought the previous console!”

Yeah, you’re a f***ing genius. Put this kid in charge of Nintendo right away.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#27
"one"

Okay.
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If the mods ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
3 months ago#28
n00bsaib0t posted...
“If they wanted to play these games on a handheld they should have bought the previous console!”

Surely I'm not the only one who thought of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0

User Info: LuigisBro

LuigisBro
3 months ago#29
its not about one port, its about all the ports, Nintendo pretty much telling people who bought the WiiU that they were suckers

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
3 months ago#30
LuigisBro posted...
its not about one port, its about all the ports, Nintendo pretty much telling people who bought the WiiU that they were suckers

Did Sony and Microsoft also tell their customers that they are suckers? Because most of the first party heavy hitters from last gen can be played on PS4 and XB1.

But that doesn’t further the “evil Nintendo” agenda so no one talks about that.
Steam/XBL/PSN/EU NNID - Nifterific | US NNID & Nintendo Account - n00bsaib0t
EU Nintendo Account - n00b_saib0t | SFV: Balrog | MKX: Sun God Kotal Kahn
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived