People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
6 months ago#11
TIL more people being able to play a game is a bad thing.

It'd be like it Sega decided to let Jet Set Radio die on the Dreamcast. That'd be stupid.
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: rhoadsofrock

rhoadsofrock
6 months ago#12
Seacliff217 posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
TsundereAmiChan posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

Haven't played it but is difficulty really such a bad thing?

Yes. It's too difficult and some of the mechanics are horrible

I get game over like 3 times on every stage I play.

Or maybe you're just not good at the game?

DKC has always been about challenging platforming. That's its target audience, core platform players. Not those looking for a more casual game like New Super Mario Bros.

I couldn't have said it better. I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet (I never did buy a Wii U, and still trying to decide if I should at this point or just hope the majority of games I missed out on get ports to the Switch), but I didn't start getting nothing but game overs until the 3rd or 4th world in DKC Returns. If anyone's complaining about the difficulty in ANY DKC game, then that series, and generally any platformer outside of "Super Mario" is not for them.

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
6 months ago#13
rhoadsofrock posted...
Seacliff217 posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

Yes. It's too difficult and some of the mechanics are horrible

I get game over like 3 times on every stage I play.

Or maybe you're just not good at the game?

DKC has always been about challenging platforming. That's its target audience, core platform players. Not those looking for a more casual game like New Super Mario Bros.

I couldn't have said it better. I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet (I never did buy a Wii U, and still trying to decide if I should at this point or just hope the majority of games I missed out on get ports to the Switch), but I didn't start getting nothing but game overs until the 3rd or 4th world in DKC Returns. If anyone's complaining about the difficulty in ANY DKC game, then that series, and generally any platformer outside of "Super Mario" is not for them.

Flashbacks of Gamespots New Super Mario Bros Wii Review...

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/new-super-mario-bros-wii-review/1900-6239677/

"Like the best Mario 2D games of decades past, this game is unashamedly and deliciously challenging. It will even test the most seasoned platforming veterans."

I mean, I get we all have different skills. I personally suck real bad at FPS, but I can at least admit when the problem is me instead of the game.

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
6 months ago#14
I didn't think TF was hard at all. TC seems salty it got too challenging for him and that makes it a bad game for him lmao. $60 however is highway robbery and hopefully no one buys it to send a message to this greedy company.
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII Champions

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
6 months ago#15
DarkMark942 posted...
I didn't think TF was hard at all. TC seems salty it got too challenging for him and that makes it a bad game for him lmao. $60 however is highway robbery and hopefully no one buys it to send a message to this greedy company.

So much of the game is needing to precisely catch hold over a rail over pits of death with a small mistake sending you back. The partner mechanic is pretty boring too.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
6 months ago#16
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

I didn't really think it was that difficult? It's a DKC game, so it's certainly tougher than NSMB, but that's a fantastic thing and being more difficult than one of the most simple platformers out there isn't too hard to do.
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Overwatch (XONE); Pokemon Blue (GB); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
6 months ago#17
I loved this game and I loved the difficulty, I thought it was perfect compared to today's mostly way-too-easy games.

Actually glad that's its going to Switch, a lot of people will get the chance to pick it up who never got a Wii U.

The price is dumb. It was $50 originally for Wii U, I believe, and they certainly didn't have to do as much work on the Switch port as they did on the original game.

User Info: Colorgraphics

Colorgraphics
6 months ago#18
Could they at least made the games 20$? Paying 60$ for a port is just silly.

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
6 months ago#19
Colorgraphics posted...
Could they at least made the games 20$? Paying 60$ for a port is just silly.

It's not silly if you've never played the game before.
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: legefy

legefy
6 months ago#20
Even if you've never played them it's still an old game. Nintendo games have always been a little funny about it but generally if a game has been out for a couple years then the price will be considerably lower. These are just ports. They're hardly remakes by any stretch of the imagination.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived