People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
7 months ago#1
Ok let's clear this up

Hyrule Warriors was already on 3DS and it was horribly ported, they better do it right this time around.
Switch is only getting the version with all DLC, it was expected. After all, Koei Tecmo always re-release its Warriors games and it wouldn't be different now.

Now, why the hell are y'all crying over DCKTF being ported to Switch?

That game sucks, it has an unnecessary difficulty, you can only play with DK, the level designs are bad, the game itself and its prequel shouldn't carry the Donkey Kong Country name because they're nothing like the original trilogy. If Switch owners want that, good. No way I'm picking up thst game a second time cause I couldn't even finish it...should have sold my copy when it still was somewhat rare and full priced.

Also, all Donkey Kong gakes have been ported and re-released over and over. Remember the DKC trilogy being on SNES, GBC and GBA? Yeah. Nintendo isn't doing this because they hate Wii U owners, I'm pretty sure the console will still have its charm in the future and many people will look it up as an underrated gem.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
7 months ago#2
Yeah dctf on switch is literally the same game but with a god mode yawn and higher price tag
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
7 months ago#3
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

Haven't played it but is difficulty really such a bad thing?
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
7 months ago#4
TsundereAmiChan posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

Yes. It's too difficult and some of the mechanics are horrible

I get game over like 3 times on every stage I play.

User Info: Foxclaws

Foxclaws
7 months ago#5
Brianst0rm posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

You can set it to easy.
I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
7 months ago#6
I don't know, r people freaking out? I hope the Wii U retains a half a dozen exclusives just to keep the Wii U special, but it won't ruin my life if they don't.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity(Wii), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT

User Info: legefy

legefy
7 months ago#7
One unnecessary port? Jesus, it's ridiculous how many of the Wii U games have just been copy pasted to the switch just to ensure it has a decent library. HW was already ported once and should have a sequel instead of being rereleased. DKTF coming over too is plain silly at this point. The next direct will almost certainly be showing off Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X and Color Splash just to top it all off.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
7 months ago#8
Brianst0rm posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
unnecessary difficulty,

Or maybe you're just not good at the game?

DKC has always been about challenging platforming. That's its target audience, core platform players. Not those looking for a more casual game like New Super Mario Bros.

User Info: jsb0714

jsb0714
7 months ago#9
legefy posted...
One unnecessary port? Jesus, it's ridiculous how many of the Wii U games have just been copy pasted to the switch just to ensure it has a decent library. HW was already ported once and should have a sequel instead of being rereleased. DKTF coming over too is plain silly at this point. The next direct will almost certainly be showing off Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X and Color Splash just to top it all off.

Yeah, funny how all of a sudden all these people have a Wii U.
Spliiiish! Ka-Boom!!!

User Info: legefy

legefy
7 months ago#10
If they wanted to play those particular games they'd have gotten a Wii U way back then. That's why I, and I assume a good number of folks here, got theirs. Because there were games on the system you wanted to play.

The Wii U might have been a let down in hindsight, but that doesn't mean nobody bought it.

I'm sorry. I know it's a knee jerk reaction, but I'm disgusted by how badly they've handled this situation by continuing to leech off the Wii U's exclusives. Digital virtual console ports way down the line are fine, not literally rereleasing the exact same game on the modern barely updated console. I mean bloody hell the Hyrule Warriors fans were screaming for legend's extra content to make it's way to the Wii U and were blatantly ignored.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are freaking out because of one unnecessary port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived