Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
6 months ago#51
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...
Wii u can play over 10 zelda games, switch can only play 1. Wii u can play 6 mario kart games while switch has 1. Wii u can play 4 mario party’s while switch has 0. Wii u has 6 donkey kong games while switch is only going to get 1 later this spring. Wii u has 5 3d marios, switch 1, 10 2d marios, switch 1. Wii u has 9 metroids, switch currently has 0 but will get a whole 1 in the ‘near’ future. Wii u can play 11 pokemon games switch has 1 so far. Wii u also has 3 paper marios, 2 mario and luigi games, 4 avaliable fire emblems, 4 yoshis, 2 xenoblades, and bunch of kirbys. And the wii u has so much more games than what I just mentioned

And despite this, there is not a single Zelda game on the Wii U that you can't experience elsewhere. It should also be mentioned that you're simply including VC games to bolster your numbers and make your argument seem stronger.

If we're only counting exclusives:
Zelda: 0
Mario Kart: 0
Mario Party: 1
Donkey Kong: Soon to be 0
3D Mario: 1, and that's only if you're counting 3D World as a true 3D Mario game
2D Mario: 2, if you count NSLU as its own game
Metroid: 0
Pokemon: 1 shovelware game
Paper Mario: 1
Mario and Luigi: 0
Fire Emblem: 0
Yoshi: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Kirby: 1

I'll give the Wii U credit for making Earthbound mainstream, but even that eventually got ported to the New 3DS.

I've heard people compare the Wii U to the Gamecube, but considering how many quality games and hidden gems were on the Gamecube, the Wii U really isn't even that. Hell, once Smash 5 comes out on the Switch (or at least I'm hoping it's Smash 5 rather than a port of Smash 4), there'll be pretty much no reason to own a Wii U anymore.

Exclusive is a weird word. Does the gamecube really have any exclusives since the wii can play every single gamecube game. Does the wii have any excluives games since wii u can play all of them?
Also
If we're only counting exclusives for the switch at the moment:
Mario Party: 0
Donkey Kong: 0
Pokemon: 0
2d mario: 0
3d mario: 1
Paper Mario: 0
Yoshi: 0
Kirby: 0
That is pretty pathetic. I can’t see how any one thinks that at this moment the switch has a better library than the wii u
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
6 months ago#52
Because the WII U will continue to have free online play and the Switch won't.
...or whatever.

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
6 months ago#53
Simple.....same games, cheaper and free online lol
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: PrincessTsuki

PrincessTsuki
6 months ago#54
Ben111 posted...
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...
Wii u can play over 10 zelda games, switch can only play 1. Wii u can play 6 mario kart games while switch has 1. Wii u can play 4 mario party’s while switch has 0. Wii u has 6 donkey kong games while switch is only going to get 1 later this spring. Wii u has 5 3d marios, switch 1, 10 2d marios, switch 1. Wii u has 9 metroids, switch currently has 0 but will get a whole 1 in the ‘near’ future. Wii u can play 11 pokemon games switch has 1 so far. Wii u also has 3 paper marios, 2 mario and luigi games, 4 avaliable fire emblems, 4 yoshis, 2 xenoblades, and bunch of kirbys. And the wii u has so much more games than what I just mentioned

And despite this, there is not a single Zelda game on the Wii U that you can't experience elsewhere. It should also be mentioned that you're simply including VC games to bolster your numbers and make your argument seem stronger.

3D Mario: 1, and that's only if you're counting 3D World as a true 3D Mario game

I'll give the Wii U credit for making Earthbound mainstream, but even that eventually got ported to the New 3DS.

I've heard people compare the Wii U to the Gamecube, but considering how many quality games and hidden gems were on the Gamecube, the Wii U really isn't even that. Hell, once Smash 5 comes out on the Switch (or at least I'm hoping it's Smash 5 rather than a port of Smash 4), there'll be pretty much no reason to own a Wii U anymore.

Exclusive is a weird word. Does the gamecube really have any exclusives since the wii can play every single gamecube game. Does the wii have any excluives games since wii u can play all of them?
Also
That is pretty pathetic. I can’t see how any one thinks that at this moment the switch has a better library than the wii u

Right, and let's ignore the fact that the Switch isn't even a year old yet, and has superior versions of almost every good Wii U game, plus some its own line-up of exclusives and actual third party support. Let's also forget about all the exclusive games that have been confirmed for 2018, including Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and actual main series Pokemon game(s).

Meanwhile, what did the Wii U get in its first year? Another NSMB game, Pikmin 3 (which was supposed to be a launch title but get delayed until the following summer), Rayman Legends (again, originally scheduled for launch, but got delayed until September, and wasn't even exclusive anymore. Ouch), a Wind Waker remake, and months of shovelware in between. And the following year wasn't much better, with only a few noteworthy games being released.

And on the topic of exclusives, how does it feel knowing that the last exclusive first-party Wii U game was the glorified sequel to Paper Mario: Sticker Star? Because that's certainly not doing the console any favors.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0723-1705-3125

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
6 months ago#55
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...

Also

Right, and let's ignore the fact that the Switch isn't even a year old yet, and has superior versions of almost every good Wii U game, plus some its own line-up of exclusives and actual third party support. Let's also forget about all the exclusive games that have been confirmed for 2018, including Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and actual main series Pokemon game(s).

Meanwhile, what did the Wii U get in its first year? Another NSMB game, Pikmin 3 (which was supposed to be a launch title but get delayed until the following summer), Rayman Legends (again, originally scheduled for launch, but got delayed until September, and wasn't even exclusive anymore. Ouch), a Wind Waker remake, and months of shovelware in between. And the following year wasn't much better, with only a few noteworthy games being released.

And on the topic of exclusives, how does it feel knowing that the last exclusive first-party Wii U game was the glorified sequel to Paper Mario: Sticker Star? Because that's certainly not doing the console any favors.

Yes because lying that pokemon is Confirmed For 2018 totally strengthens your arguement 🙄
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
6 months ago#56
Ben111 posted...
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...

Also

Yes because lying that pokemon is Confirmed For 2018 totally strengthens your arguement 🙄

How do those cherries taste?
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
6 months ago#57
super_clout posted...
SwitchNinja2 posted...
super_clout posted...
1st smart people don't sell systems. second games
mario and sonic rio 2016
scribblenauts unlimited
tank tank tank
rodea
super luigi u
mario 3d world
devil's third
assassins creed 3&4
sonic lost world
starfox guard
tekken tag U
tokyo mirage sessions censored edition
hello kitty
mario party 10
mario tennis ultra smash
nintendo land
game and wario
zombi U(it's the definitive edition)
animal crossing amiibo festival
sonic boom
super luigi u
mario 3d world
mario and sonic sochi 2014
fatal frame maiden of the black water
ds bc
etc....

Sonic Lost World, Star Fox Guard, Amiibo Festival, Mario Party 10, Ultra Smash, Sonic Boom, the two Mario and Sonic Olympics games, and New Super Luigi U are all some of the worst in their series. And a lot of the other games are forgettable shovelware.

still exclusive, and i enjoyed them also with friends

You know your system has a weak library when you're bringing up games like Devil's Third, Tank Tank Tank, Sonic Boom, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Rodea the Sky Soldier, etc. These are objectively bad games.

Wii U had some great exclusives that made it worth getting during its heyday. Now that the Switch is out, it is likely that most of the best games for the Wii U will be ported. There is really no reason to buy a Wii U over a Switch at this point in time.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
6 months ago#58
More like why bother getting a switch when you have a Wii U if 90% of the games on it are already on the U or other systems.

User Info: Buzz_Lightyear

Buzz_Lightyear
6 months ago#59
PrincessTsuki posted...
Ben111 posted...

Between the Wii U and the 3DS you can play every Zelda game right now. The Switch won't be necessary to play a Zelda game for years, probably not for another half decade if they're making another BotW sized game. And who the hell even knows when the Switch will put any of the other Zelda games on VC, or if they'll ever bring over the superior HD versions of WW and TP.

Perhaps you're from the Land of Immortals, where the passage of time has no meaning, but here on Earth, where every year is a year closer to death, there's a ton of value in having a huge selection of Zelda games available right now.

And it's odd you bring up the Gamecube when there are literally zero games on Gamecube that aren't playable on another system. Why do Wii U ports on Switch count against the Wii U when being able to play every single Gamecube game on Wii doesn't count against the Gamecube?

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
6 months ago#60
TheRushDawg posted...
Tank Tank Tank,

Tank Tank Tank isn't actually a bad game. I wouldn't say it's great but I thought it was good.
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived