Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
4 months ago#41
SwitchNinja2 posted...
New Super Luigi U are all the worst in their series

?????
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon
FinalFantasyForever 4 months ago#42
Fair enough on the exclusives remaining. I was talking about exclusive Wii U games, and not Wii titles, as that doesn't really count.
All Your Base Belong To Us

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 months ago#43
Brianst0rm posted...
kaminarikid posted...
FinalFantasyForever posted...
Super Smash Bros Wii U is a most definitely in the works for Switch.

Source? It's been nearly a year since the switch launch and they haven't even made an announcement regarding Smash Bros.

That's why I still own a Wii U. Switch might have a bunch of games, but it doesn't have the game.

It's not, that Smash Bros 4 ship has sailed. The only rumour that popped about Smash 4 Switch came from Emily Rogers and Laura Kate Dale and you know what happened with what they said.

Also, Sakurai is taking a break and no way Nintendo is touching that game without his supervision. If anything, they already started working on Smash 5

Because a Smash 4 announcement would have to happen at E3. Nintendo rarely reveals games that aren't coming out in the near future. The ship has not sailed. DKC Tropical Freeze came out 4 years ago and is getting a Switch port. Smash 4 is still very popular and a Switch port will breath new life in the game.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
4 months ago#44
TsundereAmiChan posted...
SwitchNinja2 posted...

?????

It did nothing new other than Luigi physics and enhanced difficulty. They had an opportunity to make DLC for NSMBU that fixed its problem with a lack of creativity and originality, but they didn't. Instead, they just made the fifth installment of a series that was already seen as inferior to the original 2D Marios they were trying to live up to. Granted, I will say that NSMB2 might be even worse than Luigi U, but that isn't exactly a good thing.
Ah, GameFAQs. The home of saltiness.

User Info: Maximothelad

Maximothelad
4 months ago#45
Wii U = Mario Maker

Maybe best version of Smash (so far)

that's all I can think of. It's a dead system

User Info: Alphrin

Alphrin
4 months ago#46
SwitchNinja2 posted...
TsundereAmiChan posted...
SwitchNinja2 posted...

?????

It did nothing new other than Luigi physics and enhanced difficulty. They had an opportunity to make DLC for NSMBU that fixed its problem with a lack of creativity and originality, but they didn't. Instead, they just made the fifth installment of a series that was already seen as inferior to the original 2D Marios they were trying to live up to. Granted, I will say that NSMB2 might be even worse than Luigi U, but that isn't exactly a good thing.

I found NSLU to be the only "New" series game to even be worth playing through since it actually put a unique spin on the classic SMB formula instead of just regurgitating it in the exact same way over and over again.

But to each their own.

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
4 months ago#47
1) Can't afford a Switch at this time. One day though.
2) The WiiU and the handhelds work well enough for our gaming.
3) Virtual console is still going.
I'm a chick

User Info: MG_Salad

MG_Salad
4 months ago#48
I think it'll be a really desirable emulation machine in the future to be honest. The switch could also potentially fulfill that role, but I think the Wii U is set up better for it as a home console.
The best things in life aren't allowed to be discussed on GameFaqs.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#49
Another reason-u can get a refurbished Wii U(that's basically new & comes with Nintendoland) for $175.00. A Switch is $300 w/o a game, + Wii U games are in most cases a lot cheaper than $60 Switch games.....so there's that & the much better lineup of games, + 5 3D Marios as compared with 1 for the Switch.

And finally-four words:Captain Toad Treasure Tracker!!!!!
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity(Wii), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT

User Info: PrincessTsuki

PrincessTsuki
4 months ago#50
Ben111 posted...
Wii u can play over 10 zelda games, switch can only play 1. Wii u can play 6 mario kart games while switch has 1. Wii u can play 4 mario party’s while switch has 0. Wii u has 6 donkey kong games while switch is only going to get 1 later this spring. Wii u has 5 3d marios, switch 1, 10 2d marios, switch 1. Wii u has 9 metroids, switch currently has 0 but will get a whole 1 in the ‘near’ future. Wii u can play 11 pokemon games switch has 1 so far. Wii u also has 3 paper marios, 2 mario and luigi games, 4 avaliable fire emblems, 4 yoshis, 2 xenoblades, and bunch of kirbys. And the wii u has so much more games than what I just mentioned

And despite this, there is not a single Zelda game on the Wii U that you can't experience elsewhere. It should also be mentioned that you're simply including VC games to bolster your numbers and make your argument seem stronger.

If we're only counting exclusives:
Zelda: 0
Mario Kart: 0
Mario Party: 1
Donkey Kong: Soon to be 0
3D Mario: 1, and that's only if you're counting 3D World as a true 3D Mario game
2D Mario: 2, if you count NSLU as its own game
Metroid: 0
Pokemon: 1 shovelware game
Paper Mario: 1
Mario and Luigi: 0
Fire Emblem: 0
Yoshi: 1
Xenoblade: 1
Kirby: 1

I'll give the Wii U credit for making Earthbound mainstream, but even that eventually got ported to the New 3DS.

I've heard people compare the Wii U to the Gamecube, but considering how many quality games and hidden gems were on the Gamecube, the Wii U really isn't even that. Hell, once Smash 5 comes out on the Switch (or at least I'm hoping it's Smash 5 rather than a port of Smash 4), there'll be pretty much no reason to own a Wii U anymore.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0723-1705-3125
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived