Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

User Info: its_matt

its_matt
6 months ago#11
Well I bought my WiiU back in 2013 and played the games I wanted on it when they came out then and until I got a Switch. If they come out on the Switch again I’m not buying them again because I already played them.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
6 months ago#12
Wii u can play over 10 zelda games, switch can only play 1. Wii u can play 6 mario kart games while switch has 1. Wii u can play 4 mario party’s while switch has 0. Wii u has 6 donkey kong games while switch is only going to get 1 later this spring. Wii u has 5 3d marios, switch 1, 10 2d marios, switch 1. Wii u has 9 metroids, switch currently has 0 but will get a whole 1 in the ‘near’ future. Wii u can play 11 pokemon games switch has 1 so far. Wii u also has 3 paper marios, 2 mario and luigi games, 4 avaliable fire emblems, 4 yoshis, 2 xenoblades, and bunch of kirbys. And the wii u has so much more games than what I just mentioned
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: super_clout

super_clout
6 months ago#13
I'm in the minority here but i love Devil's Third, tank tank tank, tekken tag U, scribblenauts unlimited, both sonic games, mario and sonic sochi and especially rio 2016, rodea the sky solder(the wii version that's packed in the wii u game), nintendo land, wii party U, game and wario
FC 1891 1184 7059. IGN. Clout
FinalFantasyForever 6 months ago#14
Whoops, got it end of August 28th, 2013, came out in September.
All Your Base Belong To Us

User Info: celebar

celebar
6 months ago#15
360Chambers posted...
As a person who just purchased a WiiU , im asking myself the same thing.
So far VC Is keeping me from regretting my decision.

Why did you buy it when it's been obvious for a while Ninty was porting everything over?
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
6 months ago#16
ArcFan10000 posted...
Because the Switch sucks, and it's laziness to port Wii U games over to the Switch.

I can agree with this. Also because I don't like the Switch hardware. That is the number one reason why I don't have one, and even if I did I would not re-purchase ports of games that I already have on the Wii U for that console. The only thing that would make me buy a Switch is a lot of must play games available for it that I can't play anywhere else. So far there is only one of those, and that is Splatoon 2. Which is not enough.

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
6 months ago#17
I got WiiU on launch day. There are only a few first party not ported yet, Like NSMBU, NSLB, Captain Toad, Pikmin, Star Fox, NES Remix 1 and 2, and a few others. I don't regret buying it, and it makes sense to port as much as they can. These games obviously did not reach there potential due to WiiUs poor sales. You do not have to purchase them again. The WiiU can still play Wii games which the Switch can't, and it still has Wiiware which Switch wont.

There is no sense complaining about it, let other people have a chance to play and enjoy these games that they would of not of played before.
I own Tandy,2600,NES,NESv2,GB,SNES,GBC,N64,GBA,SP, NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,SMS,SMS2,SG,SG2,GG, SCD,S32X,SS,SDC,PS1,PS2,XBox,360,XO and PC

User Info: 360Chambers

360Chambers
6 months ago#18
celebar posted...
360Chambers posted...
As a person who just purchased a WiiU , im asking myself the same thing.
So far VC Is keeping me from regretting my decision.

Why did you buy it when it's been obvious for a while Ninty was porting everything over?

I wanted to host Super Smash Bros. Parties lol.
Our Blades are Sharp

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
6 months ago#19
My 1st reason for choosing a Wii U over a Switch is still intact-Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario 3D World as compared with just Super Mario Odyssey. 2nd reason, games like Bayonetta 2(still exclusive to Wii U as of 1/13/18, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Yoshi's Woolly World, Pikmin 3 & others. 3rd reason-plays all Wii games.

S***, I'm happy to have my Wii U. If anything changes-no big deal, I've still got a great system.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity(Wii), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
6 months ago#20
yosheta posted...
MK8D

Actually the switch version removed content. You can no longer make custom lobbies in ranked so rip anyone wanting to play 200cc ranked without having to grind out hundreds of races first
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Honestly, why own a Wii U now that the Switch is getting the best ports?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived