Why's Mario Kart 8 installed free on my pre-owned reset console? Not complaining

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why's Mario Kart 8 installed free on my pre-owned reset console? Not complaining

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
1 month ago#1
I'd bought a pre-owned Wii U and bought Mario Kart 8 separately (physical), but even after deleting all the content and starting over, it turns out Mario Kart 8 is already on there and there's no need for the one I bought.

Tried it and it seems to work as normal. Or is it just a trial or something I've not realised yet?

I know they were sold as a bundle, but I assumed that was with a separate physical disc.
Argument winners: calm down, troll, hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, blocked, keep trying
Even as a bundle with a console, it's a redemption code tied to the Nintendo Network ID and not the physical console. Probably only did a console reset, and not a complete memory wipe.
All Your Base Belong To Us

TrulyEpicLawls
1 month ago#3
FinalFantasyForever posted...
Even as a bundle with a console, it's a redemption code tied to the Nintendo Network ID and not the physical console. Probably only did a console reset, and not a complete memory wipe.

If it's tied to an ID wouldn't a different ID be unable to play it?

I chose "Delete All Content & Settings" from the settings menu.
Argument winners: calm down, troll, hater, you obviously, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, blocked, keep trying
Sorry, I mean it's tied to the console, so even if you log out of a system that has 10 digital games, without actually reformatting the internal memory, the games will still be present.
All Your Base Belong To Us

TrulyEpicLawls
1 month ago#5
Sorry, I mean it's tied to the console, so even if you log out of a system that has 10 digital games, without actually reformatting the internal memory, the games will still be present.

Oh, I see that from looking this up now as well. Odd policy. Is there an easy way to look up what's tied to the console i.e. free goodies, like a download list?

TrulyEpicLawls
4 weeks ago#6
Worth a bump.

TrulyEpicLawls posted...
Oh, I see that from looking this up now as well. Odd policy. Is there an easy way to look up what's tied to the console i.e. free goodies, like a download list?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
4 weeks ago#7
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

You can make a new nintendo id just don’t delete the one with the game
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

TrulyEpicLawls
4 weeks ago#8
Ben111 posted...
TrulyEpicLawls posted...

You can make a new nintendo id just don’t delete the one with the game

Has it not been deleted? I chose to delete all content and settings after all.

Works fine.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Why's Mario Kart 8 installed free on my pre-owned reset console? Not complaining

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived