Anyone else LOVE their wii u?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else LOVE their wii u?

User Info: mitchmurphy187

mitchmurphy187
1 month ago#21
No. I sold the system and don't regret it one bit

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
1 month ago#22
BrianCraigSmith posted...
Ballermann2D posted...
yes

Signed

It's the very last proper console.

Indrasarrow123 posted...
Also wait for the rest of the Wii U ports to be announced.

Yep.
That's why people buy consoles.
To play games again that they already played ages ago. And pay full price for them, even for digital emulated titles (pro-tip: you didn't do that on Wii U - didn't do that for digital downloads and also not for Wii games, people do that on Switch).
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
1 month ago#23
The switch is looking more and more like a Wii U 2, now if they would put as much effort into making original switch games as they do making easy ports of already existing games for the switch...

The Wii U was good because it actually had original games that we have not seen before, so far I haven't seen too much of that on the switch, except for arms, 1-2 switch and Super mario odyssey, Splatoon 2 and maybe a couple others. The only reason I am interested at this point is because Pokemon switch is coming, and I hope its an actual RPG like the 3DS games.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#24
I'm super happy w/ my Wii U, just got it on Christmas. Just downloaded Yoshi's Woolly World yesterday-super fun game. Also waiting for Splinter Cell Blacklist & Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge to come in the mail.

So far on the system, I'm enjoying:

Super Mario Galaxy
Bayonetta
Pikmin 3
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Super Mario 3D World
Nintendoland
Punchout!! & yes..
Yoshi's Woolly World

What a lineup of games!

& I didn't include Super Mario Galaxy 2, & Bayonetta 2.

I am ecstatic to have a Wii U.

Now I get to decide what next?
Do I get Zelda Twilight Princess HD, Super Smash Bros for Wii U? New Super Mario Bros/Luigi bros U?
I chose a Wii U over a Switch, Here is a list of games on Wii U that aren't on Switch(which is why I got a Wii U):
as of 1/16/18

Yoshi's Woolly World
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Super Mario 3D World
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pikmin 3
Nintendoland
TLoZTwilight Princess HD
Super Smash Brothers for Wii U
Punchout!!
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Every other Wii game
Hyrule Warriors
Pokken Tournament
TLoZWindwaker HD
Zombi U
New Super Mario Brothers/Luigi U
I could go on....

I know, Bayo 1 & 2, Hyrule Warriors, DKC Tropical Freeze & others have been announced TO BE on the Switch. If u want to play them TODAY, u cannot do it on a Switch, u can on a Wii U. Wii U is my console of choice, until & unless the Switch starts knockin some out of the park. Super Mario Odyssey is the ONLY game on it that I want to play.
My list of games could have been a lot longer, especially if u consider Wii & vc games, but I didn't want to rack my brain too much.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity(Wii), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT

User Info: TrueGamer79

TrueGamer79
1 month ago#25
Ben111 posted...
I think it’s an amazing console that is way too underrated. It has a huge game library on the e shop ranging from the nes to the gba to even the wii! I also loved the gamepad. Not all games used it the best but those that did used it in a way that really enchanced the gameplay experience like splatoon, mario maker, wind waker hd, scribble nauts unlimited, lego city undercover, etc. people say the wii u has no games but I still have a huge backlog of both wii u and virtual console games. I also loved miiverse. I put at least 250 hours into it making friends(while getting banned) for games like animal crossing new leaf, pokemon x and y, etc. Of course it is not perfect, and their are a lot of things nintendo could improve( still no bowsers inside story, fire embelm radiant dawn, and pokepark 2 on virtual console :(.) It really is a shame nintendo didn’t do better with the marketing. Honestly I can’t see how anyone could hate thier wii u. I have put hundred and hundred of hours into mine(as well as hundred and hundred of dollars).

Basically this but I'd replace some game names for personal tastes.

I just don't see why it was/is laughed at that much yet switch gets all the praise.

While «loving» is a bit exagerated, I must say it's pretty much used daily here, be it for games, netflix or web browser. The latter is useful when you know some twists to load streaming videos (hold touch screen on video window, for example).

I feel like I can go on without itching for the switch for a moment. Nintendo seems recycle good stuff to feed first years to eventually launch critical stuff in a row, giving us Wii U owners the oomph to go get one with some new stuff already available (and prolly cheaper by that time).
I'll put this sig while I think about a better one. Not that it really matters...Eh...right?

User Info: Nadster

Nadster
1 month ago#26
I do.
"This is a quote."
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Anyone else LOVE their wii u?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived