Do you think GoldenEye would've been great on the Wii U VC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think GoldenEye would've been great on the Wii U VC?

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
6 months ago#11
Littlefoot posted...
It probably would please those who grew up with it, but that’s about it. The game has not aged well at all, with it’s inconsistent framerate, lackluster graphics (though impressive at the time, i’ll give it), akward aiming system and bad enemy ai.

I was playing it just last week. It's actually still a very good game even in 2018.

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
6 months ago#12
It has aged horribly and is really only good if you already played it as a kid and know what you're getting into unless they fixed the controls.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: red_car

red_car
6 months ago#13
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iZy63vxe5G0
-----

User Info: Torgo

Torgo
6 months ago#14
Goldeneye would have to be good in the first place.

This is the ultimate "rose colored nostalgia goggles" game.

I didn't have an N64 until much after it's original release, and I never played Goldeneye until years later.

Around that time I was playing Doom, Quake, and Unreal...and my god is Goldeneye a terrible FPS in contrast to those. I recently re-purchased Doom and Original Unreal on Steam, and they still hold up.

I have Goldeneye for my N64, and even outputting to S-video on an HDMI TV...it's still hideous and clunky.
Gamefaqs: The original home of 'Alternative Facts'...

User Info: red_car

red_car
5 months ago#15
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVCYFD6flU
-----

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#16
I had fun with it, but in retrospect it seems crappy compared to most of the FPS games I've played afterward.
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If the mods ban me, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
5 months ago#17
To be honest, any Rare game would've been great on VC. Had a lot of good times with Goldeneye 007 (despite Perfect Dark being the better game, but...eh), so I would dip again.
Still waiting for a Paper Mario RPG, Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: RadKickAss

RadKickAss
5 months ago#18
StephenYap3 posted...
To be honest, any Rare game would've been great on VC. Had a lot of good times with Goldeneye 007 (despite Perfect Dark being the better game, but...eh), so I would dip again.

Damn! I bought PD but never really got into it. It is clearly a classic, but GoldenEye is still my fave.
SURE, I'LL TAKE YOU TO A GOOD PLACE. HEH!! HEH!! HEH!!
PSN: RadKickAss // NS: SW-6764-2951-5695

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
5 months ago#19
RadKickAss posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

Damn! I bought PD but never really got into it. It is clearly a classic, but GoldenEye is still my fave.

Honestly, even with its outdated mechanics and such, Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark were the only FPS's I enjoyed at the time, with Quake being another despite not being as good as the two. Then after those games, I barely enjoyed an FPS since until Doom 2016 revitalized my love for the genre.
Still waiting for a Paper Mario RPG, Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: RadKickAss

RadKickAss
5 months ago#20
StephenYap3 posted...
RadKickAss posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

Honestly, even with its outdated mechanics and such, Goldeneye 007 and Perfect Dark were the only FPS's I enjoyed at the time, with Quake being another despite not being as good as the two. Then after those games, I barely enjoyed an FPS since until Doom 2016 revitalized my love for the genre.

Really? I'm not huge into the genre, but there were definitely some gems post-N64.

I went from GoldenEye to Quake, but 'Unreal Tournament' was/is the game that, to this very day, I can pick up and play any time. One of the fastest-paced FPS numbers I've played (and has the best taunts ever: Shoots guy's head off "YOU SUCK!" or "I just slaughtered that guy!") Heh heh heh, good times.
SURE, I'LL TAKE YOU TO A GOOD PLACE. HEH!! HEH!! HEH!!
PSN: RadKickAss // NS: SW-6764-2951-5695
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think GoldenEye would've been great on the Wii U VC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived