Do you think GoldenEye would've been great on the Wii U VC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think GoldenEye would've been great on the Wii U VC?

User Info: red_car

red_car
1 month ago#1
What are your thoughts? - Results (39 votes)
Yes! I love GoldenEye.
41.03% (16 votes)
Yeah. It would've been cool.
15.38% (6 votes)
Neutral. Don't care either way.
17.95% (7 votes)
That game is overrated!
23.08% (9 votes)
Haven't played it.
2.56% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Anyone else here have good memories of this game?

Getting this on the Wii U VC would've been one of the easiest decisions for me.
-----

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#2
It probably would please those who grew up with it, but that’s about it. The game has not aged well at all, with it’s inconsistent framerate, lackluster graphics (though impressive at the time, i’ll give it), akward aiming system and bad enemy ai.
Even a 65-million year old dinosaur can't say no to something fun as gaming.

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
1 month ago#3
Would have been good the first couple years of the Wii U. But now it would be pointless.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: RadKickAss

RadKickAss
1 month ago#4
That's a good question. It's a timeless classic to this gamer, but I still cannot imagine playing it with anything but an N64 controller. Hmm.
SURE, I'LL TAKE YOU TO A GOOD PLACE. HEH!! HEH!! HEH!!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 4957-3805-8646

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
1 month ago#5
I would have picked it up... I loved this game back in the day but I don't think that it has aged that well. It would be strange to play without an N64 controller as well.

Add to that the licensing issues between Nintendo, Rare/Microsoft, and MGM/the Bond franchise, this is the perfect example of a game that we'll never see re-released.

red_car
1 month ago#6
Everyone who has posted in this topic so far would've bought GoldenEye if it was available on the Wii U VC.

The game is that good.
-----

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
1 month ago#7
red_car posted...
Everyone who has posted in this topic so far would've bought GoldenEye if it was available on the Wii U VC.

The game is that good.

To be fair, 5 posters isn't exactly a large audience.

I would despite not having played the original since rare generally makes good games.
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

red_car
1 month ago#8
TsundereAmiChan posted...
red_car posted...

The game is that good.

To be fair, 5 posters isn't exactly a large audience.

To be fair, my comment was actually aimed towards the kind of people involved rather than the total amount.
-----

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
1 month ago#9
I would no doubt have bought it. If the stars align and pigs fly, I wouldn't mind having it on the Switch OR Xbox One.
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Overwatch (XONE); Pokemon Blue (GB); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 month ago#10
As someone that has 100% completed the game on N64, and has also put thousands of hours into the split screen multiplayer over the years. GoldenEye 007 was easily the most played N64 game in the library followed by F-Zero X. LOL. I still have my original cartridge with the thumb print on the label from how many times I've used it.

If this was released on the Wii U with no online support I probably would not have purchased it, because all of the people that I played the game with years ago who would be interested in playing again now are nowhere near me anymore.

Also considering that the only virtual console games that I have are the ones that I got for free using the Club Nintendo points. This would have had to be something more than just the same game released on virtual console for me to want to purchase it again.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Do you think GoldenEye would've been great on the Wii U VC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived