Quick, someone make a list of Wii-U games that are still exclusive

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Quick, someone make a list of Wii-U games that are still exclusive

User Info: Oxn518

Oxn518
1 month ago#1
To see if the system is still worth owning, or go the way of the dreamcast, where all the great games got ported.
i7 3770k | Zotac GTX 1060 | 16gig DDR3 ram

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
1 month ago#2
The bolded games are the ones that I think will be ported.
The italicised games are the ones people generally think are good.

- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (niche game that won't really attract anyone outside of "hardcore" fans)
- Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (this game can rot for all I care)
- Super Mario 3D World (not likely with Odyssey out)
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (honestly, I think there's a higher chance of Smash 5 being in development)
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (probably going to be ported at some point)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (also probably going to be ported at some point)
- New Super Mario Bros. U (eh, they'd probably make a "New Super Mario Bros. Switch" instead)
- New Super Luigi U (glorified NSBMU DLC that would be released in a bundle with NSMBU if the former is ported)
- Devil's Third (forgettable game that's never going to be ported)
- Pikmin 3 (since Pikmin 4 is in development, not likely)
- Paper Mario: Color Splash (the future of the series is unclear, so I have no clue)
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (it's either a port or a sequel)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (probably going to be ported; the director of Monolith Soft expressed interest in it)
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (kind of a forgettable game)
- Mario Party 10 (a continuation of the age of terrible Mario Party games started by 9)
- Star Fox Zero (a complete mess of a game compared to Star Fox 64)
- Splatoon (but the sequel is the same thing but better)
- Nintendo Land (can't be ported because of extensive Gamepad use)
- The Wonderful 101 (like with TMS #FE, not many people would buy a Switch port)
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (not going to be ported in a million years)
- Game & Wario (new installment of the WarioWare series is more likely)
- Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (hot garbage)
- Wii Sports Club (a Switch Sports would be more probable at this point)
- Pokemon Rumble U (SHOVELWARE)
- Dr. Luigi (seems like a game that everyone forgets about after a day, so port is not going to happen)
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games (they're obviously going to make a new one for the 2020 Olympics, so port is a definite no)

There are a few other Wii U exclusives, but most of them are shovelware and not worth talking about, so yeah. I also think that Mario Maker is going to get a Switch version, but that's not an exclusive.
Ah, GameFAQs. The home of saltiness.

User Info: Oxn518

Oxn518
1 month ago#3
Not much greatness left
i7 3770k | Zotac GTX 1060 | 16gig DDR3 ram

User Info: PLUTO44

PLUTO44
1 month ago#4
Mario Maker
Always check to see if your ice cream is poisoned before consuming. And if it is, your parents obviously don't love you. - David A.

User Info: myopicmirror

myopicmirror
1 month ago#5
PLUTO44 posted...
Mario Maker

Already has an inferior port on 3DS. Considering how popular it was, I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't working on a way to port it to Switch.

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#6
At this point, Smash 4 is all but guaranteed to be ported to Switch and will likely have content from both the Wii U and 3DS versions. Super Mario Maker and Xenoblade X both have a decent chance to be ported too. If those ports happen then Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 will be the only worthwhile exclusives left.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
1 month ago#7
I may not be in majority but NSMBU+L is actually my favorite 2D Mario. Well designed, fun and looks great. No waggle controls either. That one plus SM3DW and Pikmin 3 are the only great ones left to me unless counting the Zelda ports. Hoping to get to TMS #FE soon but it's backlogged for now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpyg1kmAXk

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
1 month ago#8
You buy the Wii U for the gamepad/TV experience.

I also disagree, games like Splatoon were made with the gamepad in mind. Such games still fair better on the Wii U. Obviously the networks won't be up forever, but nothing matches that experience.
lovecraft223

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
1 month ago#9
To see if the system is still worth owning

"Still" implies it ever was.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Quick, someone make a list of Wii-U games that are still exclusive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived