If I have a wii-U do I basically have a switch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If I have a wii-U do I basically have a switch?

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
4 months ago#1
Thoughts

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
4 months ago#2
🤔 You mean like Beta Testers? 🤔
Dohoho

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 months ago#3
No, because the titles actually pushing the Switch like Mario Odyssey aren't on the Wii U.

Though I will admit Wii U ports are a lot more frequent than I would like.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
4 months ago#4
No because a wii u has an actually virtual console and can play the majority of metroid, mario, zelda, spinoff pokemon, yoshi's, kirbys, etc while the switch has like 1 of each at most
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
4 months ago#5
You have the ability to get all of the games that are on the Switch except for Odyssey....so I guess so?

Seacliff217
4 months ago#6
crs1989 posted...
You have the ability to get all of the games that are on the Switch except for Odyssey....so I guess so?

ARMS, LA Noire, Doom, Sonic Mania, Mario+Rabbids, Rocket League, Gunvolt, Master Blaster, Fate/Extella, FE Warriors, I Am Setsuna, and Kirby Star Allies were all on the Wii U?

Damn, if that was the case why did I buy a Switch?

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 months ago#7
You can't take the Wii U gamepad with you anywhere because it is a home console controller, and was never designed for that purpose. You also can't use the Switch as a second screen similar to the gamepad while playing the console on the TV because Nintendo sacrificed all of that cool Wii U stuff for the one main gimmick that the Switch has.

So from a hardware perspective. No. You don't. As both consoles were designed to do different things.

On the games side of things. Well...the Switch is a new console so it has the new games that the Wii U doesn't like ARMS, Splatoon 2, and Super Mario Odyssey. This just comes with being a new console as none of the games are anything that couldn't have also been made for Wii U. In fact all of them probably would have been Wii U games had the console been a sales success.

Third party support is almost the same compared to when the Wii U launched. Old ass games that were recently released on other platforms ported to the Nintendo console that perform worse on it. Sports games that look and perform worse because those devs and publishers behind those games don't care. It is just different games now because it is 2018, and people are okay with how these games look and perform now because the Switch is a portable. Being a portable somehow forgives these shortcomings on the Switch that made so many people loathe the Wii U.,

Also Nintendo is now trying to capitalize by releasing ports of the most popular Wii U games on more popular hardware. Which was expected. The Switch is not the Wii U. It is another Nintendo console with a lot of old Wii U games on it.

Kudos to me for taking the time to answer this question logically when it probably wasn't necessary.

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
4 months ago#8
Seacliff217 posted...
crs1989 posted...

ARMS, LA Noire, Doom, Sonic Mania, Mario+Rabbids, Rocket League, Gunvolt, Master Blaster, Fate/Extella, FE Warriors, I Am Setsuna, and Kirby Star Allies were all on the Wii U?

Of those games listed, LA Noire, Doom, Gunvolt, Master Blaster, Fate/Extella, FE Warriors, I am Setsuna, Sonic Mania and Rocket League are all multiplatform...so if you have any other systems, why did you buy a Switch?

User Info: colt85

colt85
4 months ago#9
crs1989 posted...
Seacliff217 posted...
crs1989 posted...

Of those games listed, LA Noire, Doom, Gunvolt, Master Blaster, Fate/Extella, FE Warriors, I am Setsuna, Sonic Mania and Rocket League are all multiplatform...so if you have any other systems, why did you buy a Switch?

The question isn't about any other systems. It's specifically about the WiiU
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

Seacliff217
4 months ago#10
crs1989 posted...

Did you purposefully not every Switch commercial ever, or are you just being blissfully ignorant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI&t=1s

Obvious exception for the 3DS, of course, but it's now a dated piece of hardware that's less powerful than the average smartphone. If I'm going to have a portable version of a game, say FE warriors, may as well have it with a good framerate.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. If I have a wii-U do I basically have a switch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived