What console is more "pointless" to have now? Gamecube or Wii?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What console is more "pointless" to have now? Gamecube or Wii?

User Info: Flamey

Flamey
7 months ago#1
IMO, it's the Wii.

I prefer keeping my Gamecube for Gamecube games and a Wii U to play both Wii and Wii U games. Gave my Wii to my grandparents when theirs had disc reading problems.

I have a co-worker who prefers the opposite-keeping a Wii for Gamecube games and Wii games.

What about you?
Hamsters: Sandwich meat of the future.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
7 months ago#2
GameCube, since my Wii is backwards compatible. Wii has the VC too, even if it's about to go away.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: --Lyndis--

--Lyndis--
7 months ago#3
???

"Pointless"?

The GCN and Wii both had amazing libraries. The GCN also has exclusivity, as many of its games are not playable anywhere else in any form. In my humble opinion, these two consoles were when Nintendo was at its peak.
"The biggest sin is to die... without knowing True Love" - Sufi Master Hazrat Pir
I am the World's Biggest Marth fan, so everyone, look at me!

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
7 months ago#4
Pointless console to have for me is the Gamecube since the Wii give you that fix (and so can the Wii-U but...)

HOWEVER

If it's a Gamecube with component cables, I'd probably keep it because visual clarity is better than Wii's component cables.
Dohoho

User Info: G4meHawk

G4meHawk
7 months ago#5
Gamecube if you have homebrew on your wii.

User Info: SexPantherPanda

SexPantherPanda
7 months ago#6
Wii with GameCube support and cheap component cables>GameCube...

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
7 months ago#7
The Wii is far from pointless. I use mine every day.
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: Waluigi_FOREVER

Waluigi_FOREVER
7 months ago#8
Wii. I still find value in owning a Wii for the GameCube controller ports though. Games like muramasa and fire emblem that allow you to use the GameCube controller are reasons enough for me to keep a Wii. GameCube I find necessary still for the Gameboy player and better picture quality it gives. Best way to play my Gameboy color and Gameboy advance games, but not Gameboy games with super Gameboy enhancements.
3ds FC: 3196-3191-7257 and In game name is Ass-Hat
KB BR pokemon for trade http://preview.tinyurl.com/nkdnytd

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
7 months ago#9
Wii has both GC and Wii library and I don't have to buy an adapter to plugin the controllers, also it does not need wii motes connected to the controllers to play classic games

GC has the GBA adapter that makes playing GB games easy on TV............enough said
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
7 months ago#10
Neither are pointless but I would rather have a GC with that classic design.
Since I can play Wii games on my Wii U it comes down to system design..and While I like the Wii's design quite a bit, I'd go for the oldskool design of the cube.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity(Wii), Super Mario 3D World, Cptn Toad TT
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What console is more "pointless" to have now? Gamecube or Wii?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived