More Switch Ports - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. More Switch Ports - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors

User Info: este914

este914
3 months ago#51
This is great news. Now we need Yoshi Wooly World and Starfox 0 and I will most certainly have no reason to buy a Wii U at that point.

-

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#52
este914 posted...
This is great news. Now we need Yoshi Wooly World and Starfox 0 and I will most certainly have no reason to buy a Wii U at that point.

Both ports are fairly unlikely. Star Fox Zero was totally designed around the game pad and also sold very poorly. Unlikely Nintendo would put the resources into redesigning it / porting it.

Yoshi's Wooly World is also fairly unlikely, since the Switch is already getting its own Yoshi game, plus Wooly World already got a 3DS port.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
3 months ago#53
jimi_dini posted...
Seacliff217 posted...
Mario 3D World (still a good game) was designed and marketed as a title to satisfied the couch multiplayer audience

3D World is actually the very first PROPER and ACTUAL 2D Mario game transferred to 3D.
And it has optional multiplayer too.
All the 3D Mario games that came before that were some sort of special and weird genre, they weren't like the 2D Mario platformers at all. None of them.

Saying that it was designed for multiplayer makes no sense whatsoever. It was designed in a way, so that multiplayer WOULD BE POSSIBLE on the same screen without using workarounds like split screen and such.

Even designing a home console game nowadays for couch multiplayer would make no fricking sense simply because couch multiplayer is dead for a long time (also shows that the concept of the Wii U was actually old school core and not casual in the slightest, surely one of the reasons why it failed).

You know what games are actually multiplayer focused?
Metroid Federation Force on the 3DS is multiplayer focused. You can play it alone, but that simply sucks.
And Legend of Zelda TriForce Heroes is also designed for multiplayer. You can also play that one alone, but that sucks even more.

3D World however is actually best played in single player. Multiplayer is fun, but it will f*** you over tons of times. 3D World just like New Super Mario Bros Wii and NSMBU are best played in single player when you want to actually beat the game. Tons of fun in multiplayer too, but you will lose tons of lives and if you want to actually beat it, you will have a way harder time.

So it's the opposite of the mentioned multiplayer focused games. Which is why what you said makes no sense at all.

If 3D World is the proper and actual example of transferring 2D Mario to 3D Mario, then I sincerely hope that Nintendo never tries to transfer 2D Mario into 3D Mario ever again. It didn't have the impact of 64 and Galaxy. It didn't have the charm of Sunshine and Odyssey. It didn't have the excuse of being on a handheld that 3D Land had. It didn't have some amazing game that people wanted more of to be a direct sequel to like Galaxy 2 did. It honestly just existed... It was mostly bland and dull (like the NSMB games) and its few moments of creativity were drowned by all of its flaws.
Ah, GameFAQs. The home of saltiness.

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
3 months ago#54
TheRushDawg posted...
Yoshi's Wooly World is also fairly unlikely, since the Switch is already getting its own Yoshi game, plus Wooly World already got a 3DS port.

Didn't stop Hyrule Warriors, after getting a 3DS port and following only after a few months after FE Warriors.

I do think it's in the 'unlikely' category, but it's definitely possible as long as the titles are spaced out enough.

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#55
Seacliff217 posted...
TheRushDawg posted...

Didn't stop Hyrule Warriors, after getting a 3DS port and following only after a few months after FE Warriors.

I do think it's in the 'unlikely' category, but it's definitely possible as long as the titles are spaced out enough.

Fair point about Hyrule Warriors. I still think it is unlikely because Switch is getting its own Yoshi game this year, but what do I know?

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
3 months ago#56
TheRushDawg posted...
Nodrog77 posted...
I think it would be a shot to the face of Wii U owners if all the good Wii U games are ported. We need something to call our own & keep our Wii Us valuable to us.

Nothing wrong with ports of games from the last gen to the current gen. The whole industry does this now, not just Nintendo.

Tons of PS3 games were ported to PS4 (Last of Us, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.).

PS3 had tons of games which weren't ported though. Wii U ports are an insult to everyone who bought a Wii U because of those games in the first place.

TheRushDawg
3 months ago#57
Master_Magnus posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
Nodrog77 posted...
I think it would be a shot to the face of Wii U owners if all the good Wii U games are ported. We need something to call our own & keep our Wii Us valuable to us.

Nothing wrong with ports of games from the last gen to the current gen. The whole industry does this now, not just Nintendo.

Tons of PS3 games were ported to PS4 (Last of Us, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Valkyria Chronicles, etc.).

PS3 had tons of games which weren't ported though. Wii U ports are an insult to everyone who bought a Wii U because of those games in the first place.

So if someone bought a PS3 for God of War 3, Heavy Rain and the Uncharted games, can they be inslulted that these games got PS4 ports or do only Wii U owners get to be cry babies?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. More Switch Ports - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived