More Switch Ports - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. More Switch Ports - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#1
The latest Nintendo direct just announced 2 more Wii U to Switch ports

-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (includes an easy mode where you play as Funky)
-Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition (includes all contents from 3DS and Wii U version)
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
1 month ago#2
Yeah, I just saw this news.

A little annoying, but I think a lot of us expected this. Even less of a reason for people to buy a used Wii U, though, so I suppose that is the logic Nintendo is rolling with.
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Overwatch (XONE); Pokemon Blue (GB); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: G4meHawk

G4meHawk
1 month ago#3
After seeing HW I think its safe to assume mario maker and smash 4 is next.

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
1 month ago#4
Good. Nintendo is doing a good job of correcting their mistake, otherwise known as the Wii U.

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
1 month ago#5
I'd be significantly less pissed off if Nintendo made a ton of HD Gamecube ports but they just really wanted to f*** over as many people who bought a Wii U as possible I guess
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: hulkhogan1

hulkhogan1
1 month ago#6
Xeno_Cyclops posted...
I'd be significantly less pissed off if Nintendo made a ton of HD Gamecube ports but they just really wanted to f*** over as many people who bought a Wii U as possible I guess

GameCube was actually a good console. Wii U was a dark period of Nintendo’s history that is better left forgotten. The Switch ports are the real versions of the game now.

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
1 month ago#7
Not happy with the Hyrule Warriors announcement.

Not only is that a middle finger to Wii U owners, it's a middle finger to the 3DS owners, lmao.

Wow... come on.

Least Tropical Freeze port isn't being a piece of s*** and adding more content for less money (just a character, I'm okay with this).
Dohoho

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
1 month ago#8
yosheta posted...

Not only is that a middle finger to Wii U owners, it's a middle finger to the 3DS owners, lmao.

Wow... come on.

Least Tropical Freeze port isn't being a piece of s*** and adding more content for less money (just a character, I'm okay with this).

Hyrule Warriors is 4 years old at this point. What's wrong with releasing a definitive edition at this point?
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
1 month ago#9
TheRushDawg posted...
yosheta posted...

Wow... come on.

Hyrule Warriors is 4 years old at this point. What's wrong with releasing a definitive edition at this point?

And the 3DS version was ugly as hell.
At least those who skipped out on Legends are getting the extra content at the preferred quality, as much as I wanted those extra maps and features on the Wii U.

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
1 month ago#10
It is fascinating how full portability in the Switch is somehow supposed to attract more people to these games when these same people weren't interested in playing them on the Wii U four years ago. I don't really care that these games are going to be released for the Switch. The entire game industry is doing this now. It is too easy to repackage old games on new consoles and sell them again, and the corporations are taking full advantage of it.

Removing the second screen gamepad functions from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on this platform was Nintendo giving Wii U owners the middle finger. Re-releasing games from four years ago on newer hardware however is just Nintendo doing what everyone else is doing because it is easy, and makes them easy money.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. More Switch Ports - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Hyrule Warriors

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived