Is this the most forgettable console of all time?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is this the most forgettable console of all time?

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
1 month ago#1
I think the Xbox One / One S / One X will give it a run for it's ( lack of ) money but yeah, probably is.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
1 month ago#2
Nope as it is my most played console ever. On it I have played a lot. The VC makes it a beast. Ever single 3d zelda along with a lot of 2d ones >>>>>1 zelda that is already on wii u
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
(message deleted)

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#4
No.

You're forgetting Atari Jaguar.
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If I get banned, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
1 month ago#5
Probably, considering most of the games will most likely be put on the Switch. The Saturn sold much less but so few games have been ported from it so many more people look back on it even today.

The Wii U will lose its identity over the coming years if there's more ports so I really hope Nintendo makes new sequels to the U games instead of straight ports. I don't want to see TMS#FE, Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Starfox Zero, etc. on Switch, I want NEW games or sequels so the Wii U still has something years later.
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
1 month ago#6
Stuff like the Jaguar or Panasonic 3DO really don't come into the equation, but even so, the Jaguar was still known for being the most powerful hardware upon it's release, much more so than it's more successful rivals.

The Saturn may have not been a huge success worldwide but, 2 decades on, it certainly has a cult status and respectability.

The Wii U has neither of these things. It will be remembered as a dud, if at all.

User Info: CaptainWario

CaptainWario
1 month ago#7
WhyWontHeFall posted...
Stuff like the Jaguar or Panasonic 3DO really don't come into the equation, but even so, the Jaguar was still known for being the most powerful hardware upon it's release, much more so than it's more successful rivals.

The Saturn may have not been a huge success worldwide but, 2 decades on, it certainly has a cult status and respectability.

The Wii U has neither of these things. It will be remembered as a dud, if at all.

Like you know what it is going to be remembered as in 20 years...my guess is you will be surprised

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
1 month ago#8
In terms of Nintendo consoles? Maybe, as long as you're not counting Color TV Game, Virtual Boy, or a lot of obscure G&W releases, or so-called major add-on devices like the 64DD or the Satellaview. In terms of the 7 home consoles and 5 handhelds, the Wii U is probably at the bottom. (Personally I might put Game Boy Color below it though - the GBC was good but it had a very short life without a lot of huge games in my book. My GBC library is tiny compared to all my other Nintendo libraries)

But in terms of the overall landscape, I don't think it hits even the bottom half of "mainstream" consoles. Lotta junk peddled by Atari, Panasonic, Philips, NEC, Casio, Amstrad, etc. over the years. Throwing in all the trash plug-and-play, clones, Chinese knockoffs, and totally obscure releases, it won't even hit the bottom 90% of forgettable consoles.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#9
Slave 1 posted...
In terms of Nintendo consoles? Maybe, as long as you're not counting Color TV Game, Virtual Boy, or a lot of obscure G&W releases, or so-called major add-on devices like the 64DD or the Satellaview.

Does this count?

https://i.imgur.com/z0XikVB.png
>Trolling is not someone posting an opinion that differs from yours
If I get banned, you can find me at u/Gargomon251

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
1 month ago#10
Out of all of the systems from the Big 4 (Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft) probably. Xbox One was a major disappoinment, but it'll be remember for all the non-gaming s***, AAA multiplats, and how powerful the X is. Vita had good support from Japanese devs. I can't think of many reasons the Wii U would be remembered aside from a few memorable titles.

Xeno_Cyclops posted...
The Saturn sold much less

No one really know how much it sold. Sega stopped tracking sales numbers in early 1998. Giving how popular the system was in Japan 9.5 million seems too low.
"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man name!" - MF DOOM
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is this the most forgettable console of all time?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived