4 those of u who own a Wii U-but not a Switch:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 4 those of u who own a Wii U-but not a Switch:

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
7 months ago#1
How much difference would it make to u, if 1 or 2 new & good looking Wii U games unexpectedly were announced today or tomorrow? - Results (67 votes)
It wouldn't change the way I feel about Wii U
44.78% (30 votes)
It would change how I feel about Nintendo & the Wii U a little bit
13.43% (9 votes)
It would make me feel substantially better about the money I've invested over the last 5+ years
35.82% (24 votes)
A couple new & unexpected good-looking titles would change the way I feel about Wii U a lot
5.97% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The reason I ask is, it's happened before more than once where a dead console would get new releases. I know it happened with the N64 when Tony Hawk's Pro Skater was supposed be 1 of the last 2 or 3 games to come out & next thing you know THPS2 came out among other game(s).

I know, it's probably not gonna happen but if it does & especially if they are games that I would care about..I'd be super stoked. Nintendo showing signs of not giving up on the Wii U when everybody expects them to, would earn my respect & appreciation. Stranger things have happened in the world of video games.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Bayonetta 1 & 2, Pikmin 3, Cuphead Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Voodoo Vince, Yook-La

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
7 months ago#2
Nintendo has confirmed that Breath of the Wild is their last first party Wii U release.

You might see a new version of Just Dance for Wii U this year and a few indie / VC games as well, but the Wii U is essentially dead as far as new software is concerned. The library is more or less "final" for the console at this point.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
7 months ago#3
I would definitely support the games with a purchase if I was impressed with them. My issue however has never been with the Wii u console itself, but rather how Nintendo and third party developers completely mismanaged the time spent developing software for it. A few more games now would not change that.

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
7 months ago#4
if Bloodstained were to come to Wii U (even as a digital download only) i would most likely forget that the Switch even exists.. that is at least until Metroid Prime 4's release date is announced, but i don't think we'll be seeing that one for a while still.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
7 months ago#5
Citan22 posted...
if Bloodstained were to come to Wii U (even as a digital download only) i would most likely forget that the Switch even exists.. that is at least until Metroid Prime 4's release date is announced, but i don't think we'll be seeing that one for a while still.

Bloodstained was confirmed to be cancelled for the Wii U.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Citan22

Citan22
7 months ago#6
^ i know, i was just saying.. i'm happy with the Wii U, which i've had since launch, but if something like that were to happen i'd be pretty much completely satisfied with the console.

Bloodstained being cancelled and a physical copy of Fatal Frame 5 never coming were my biggest disappointments when it came to the Wii U. i guess early on i thought a new Metroid was a sure thing too, but with the poor sales it soon became apparent that it wasn't to be..
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Citan22/games/owned
Gamertag/NNID: Bonepill

User Info: BrianCraigSmith

BrianCraigSmith
7 months ago#7
Add them to my Wish List and buy & download whenever.
PSN: Handsomistic1 NNID: Handsomistic15
3DS FC: 2767-1438-6425

User Info: TrueGamer79

TrueGamer79
7 months ago#8
Voted feel better. I mean, seeing all the ports give me the impression people arecatching up on great games I already own. Sure, there are some neat Switch titles, but they can wait.

I think satisfied Wii U owners don't want a Switch for the moment.
I'll put this sig while I think about a better one. Not that it really matters...Eh...right?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. 4 those of u who own a Wii U-but not a Switch:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived