For those who have played all 3 LoZelda Wii u games..favorite & in order pls

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. For those who have played all 3 LoZelda Wii u games..favorite & in order pls

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#1
Vote for your favorite Wii U Zelda game & rank the ones you've played in order - Results (42 votes)
The Legend of Zelda The Windwaker
28.57% (12 votes)
The Legend of Zelda The Twilight Princess
28.57% (12 votes)
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
42.86% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The only reason I'm doing this poll is because I am a Wii U owner & have been thinking about either getting Twilight Princess or BotW. I'm hoping that u guyz can offer up some good thoughts & opinions. ( :
GT: Bludluvr Where do you get off exceeding the limits of Sex appeal? Now playing Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
4 months ago#2
They're all fine, but as far as Zelda games go, they're all quite different. They're also self-contained stories, so you don't need to worry about the order much.

If you have a Wolf Link amiibo, you might do Twilight Princess before Breath of the Wild so you can power up your wolf summon.

Wind Waker is good, but relatively easy.

There are references to the other Zelda games in Breath of the Wild, so you might be able to appreciate it more by playing it last.

If you can't figure it out, maybe play them in order of release. WW, TP, the BotW.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: nemerz

nemerz
4 months ago#3
out of these three i rank wind waker the lowest because i quit afer the first dungeon: i hated the characters, the puzzles were too easy, i hated the sailing, the environments, everything. and that's coming from someone who liked phantom hourglass and spirit tracks.

ok so between breath and twilight, i will pick twilight. i loved twilight's dumgeons to pieces but hated everything in between. that's why i give it a notch over breath. i liked the latter's huge dungeons (especially the elephant) and hated everything in between (not a fan of open world games). but since twilight has more dungeons then it ranks first.

i honestly like zelda for the puzzles and dungeons. i much prefer 2d zelda games because they're more self contained and streamlined compared to the 3d ones where you waste so much time travelling from one place to another. for example i loved ocarina's dungeons but disliked the quest fluff.

i wish we could have a dungeon compendium at the end of zelda games to revisit dungeons without going through the quest again. kinda like a boss rush mode but for dungeons.

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
4 months ago#4
I haven't played TPHD but I have played the original.

Breath of the Wild > Wind Waker HD > Twilight Princess

I hate literally everything about Twilight Princess but the additions to the HD port would make me put it above Wind Waker.
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: Nova_Castings

Nova_Castings
4 months ago#5
I'd play BotW last since it's not at all like other Zelda games. TP has the weakest beginning of these three, but once it gets going, it's stronger than WW.

With that said, I'd play them in order of release - Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, then Breath of the Wild.
~Nova Castings
Now: Trails of Cold Steel (Vita), Persona 5 (PS3), Dragon Quest XI (PS4)

User Info: amarise

amarise
4 months ago#6
I played the original WW but not WWHD, so I'm going off of that. For me the games would be BOTW>TP>WW. TP had absolutely amazing dungeons, and I appreciated the darker tone of the game, but the uncanny valley-ness of most NPCs was really off-putting, and the to say the overworld was empty would be an understatement, at the very least. As for Wind Waker, I hated the artstyle, the story, the characters, the overworld, and it had far too few dungeons for my taste. BOTW has its own problems, (lack of story and dungeons mainly) but of all the three it has the fewest issues IMO and it actually ranks as my third favorite LOZ game, behind OoT and MM.
It's not a JRPG unless a group of teenagers kills a god using the power of friendship.

User Info: JurassicBond

JurassicBond
4 months ago#7
BotW > TP > WWHD

I have not played the HD version of TP though, so I don't know what differences there are between the Wii and Wii U versions.
Reading: A Night Without Stars - Peter F. Hamilton
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#8
BotW > WW > TP

This is my order even if we were considering all possible versions of these games.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
4 months ago#9
BOTW > WWHD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TPHD

BOTW was a great game in most cases, though I do hate the weapon durability and overabundance of shrines. I played this on the Switch, however.

WWHD, my first time to Wind Waker, was decent. It had a lot of what I liked about Ocarina of Time, but I felt some things missing from that in WW.

TPHD...I wish I enjoyed it.
Still waiting for a good Mario Tennis and Paper Mario RPG, Camelot and Intelligent Systems. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017.

User Info: Oldmang

Oldmang
4 months ago#10
I haven't played BotW but I rank WW over TP.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=popo My game collection
http://www.twi-brigade.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. For those who have played all 3 LoZelda Wii u games..favorite & in order pls

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived