Did anybody else choose a Wii U over a Switch & what were your reasons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anybody else choose a Wii U over a Switch & what were your reasons?

User Info: TrueGamer79

TrueGamer79
4 weeks ago#31
neschest posted...

Plus I only play video games in the house, too self conscious in public.

Pretty curious to see a definition of this self conscious part. I play 3DS on the ferry/bus.
I'll put this sig while I think about a better one. Not that it really matters...Eh...right?

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
4 weeks ago#32
TrueGamer79 posted...
neschest posted...

Pretty curious to see a definition of this self conscious part. I play 3DS on the ferry/bus.

I am pretty self consious about gaming too. The most I will do is play my 3ds on a bus and I will only get it out if the bus isn’t that crowded. If people ask me my hobbies I usually just say reading even though I spend like 30 times more time on video games πŸ˜”. I hate talking about video games with people cause I feel they will judge me for it πŸ˜–
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118
Proud member of the Empoleon army

User Info: ColorBattle

ColorBattle
4 weeks ago#33
Tekken.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
3 weeks ago#34
I'll fetch a Switch if they announce "We are canceling our plans to scam our customers."

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
3 weeks ago#35
neschest posted...
I bought a Wii U in April. I have about 40 games now.

The reason I did that instead of saving for a switch has primarily to do with 1. Money and 2. Collecting.

1. Buying games new, I find to be a bit expensive, so I prefer used or try to find deals at certain retailers if they have sales. Average Wii u game price < Switch at this time. I could wait for Wii U game prices to be cheaper but then in a few years they will be harder to find in stores or pawn shops.

2. In terms of collecting, the fact that the physical Wii U library is essentially finished, gives an opportunity for doing research and trying to see which games I want to try and find out there and then complete. Also I like that the Wii U library is small.

Those are the reasons I bought a Wii U over Switch.

I mainly only play video games in the house and I still prefer the Switch. With the Switch, I can play anywhere in the house. With the Wii U, I have to keep the gamepad within like 10 feet of the console for it too work, which is much less convenient.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
2 weeks ago#36
I'm still happy that I got a Wii U over a Switch. Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Cptn Toad Treasure Tracker still not playable on Switch. The same can be said for Bayonetta & 2-though only for a short period of time.
GT: Bludluvr Now Playing Super Mario Galaxy, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, Super Mario 3D World, A Hat in Time(X1), Batman Arkham Knight(X1), Cuphead, Bayo1
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Did anybody else choose a Wii U over a Switch & what were your reasons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived