What games to pick up before everything disappears into obscurity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games to pick up before everything disappears into obscurity?

User Info: 3khc

3khc
6 months ago#11
How long until Mario maker shuts down
----
-----

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
6 months ago#12
3khc posted...
I really wanted Splatoon and Mario Maker, but I was waiting for a price drop that never happened. Now I'm afraid that the online community is dry. So if I buy them at the price right now, it's definitely not worth it.

They were $20 each on Black friday at Gamestop (in the USA) if you bought them during the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, it was right on the front page of their ad, you got 3 games for $60. There were a few other games you could have gotten as well like Smash bros and Mario kart to do the 3 for $60.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
6 months ago#13
The physical copy of Wii Sports Club is pretty obscure and has been for awhile.

The physical version started out at $40, now it ranges from about $70-$90 for a new copy (though sometimes used copies can be this high as well).

Nintendo wants to distance themselves from the Wii brand, especially the Wii U, so with "Wii" in the title I would say a port to the Switch or even a sequel to the series isn't a guarantee.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: 3khc

3khc
5 months ago#14
Is that the one with kendo
----
-----

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
5 months ago#15
3khc posted...
Is that the one with kendo

No, that's Wii Sports Resort, which was the second game in the Wii Sports trilogy and originally released for the Wii not Wii U.

Wii Sports has three games in the series released in the order below from first to last:

Wii Sports (Wii).
Wii Sports Resort (Wii) (First game in the Wii Sports series to require Motion Plus as well as many other differences from the first).
Wii Sports Club (Wii U) (There are other differences in it from the other two, but probably the most notable things about it are it added online play and also reduced the main games contained in it back down to five).

As I basically also said above, since part of the name includes Wii, and Nintendo is trying to distance itself from the Wii brand, especially the Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if Wii Sports Club is the last one in the series and none of them get a port to the Switch, further upping the value of games in this series.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: jayj350

jayj350
5 months ago#16
Naisho posted...
Is there any chance that they will transfer Wii Shop Channel games to Wii U eShop?

Fat chance. I heard a big reason why they are shutting down the Wii Store is due to licensing issues.
This is my signature
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games to pick up before everything disappears into obscurity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived