What games to pick up before everything disappears into obscurity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games to pick up before everything disappears into obscurity?

User Info: 3khc

3khc
4 months ago#1
And then the only way to buy them is online with a hefty price tag.
----
-----

User Info: tvmasterdoodles

tvmasterdoodles
4 months ago#2
I would also like to know.
"Roshi could mafuba Frieza into a Cooler to keep him Cold"

User Info: Naisho

Naisho
4 months ago#3
Is there any chance that they will transfer Wii Shop Channel games to Wii U eShop?

User Info: Xeno_Cyclops

Xeno_Cyclops
4 months ago#4
It's hard to predict which ones will be pricier later on. It's best for you to just get the really obscure ones like physical indie games such as Shovel Knight and Shantae if that's what you're worried about.

TMS is cheaper than it's ever been at the moment and there's a new SMT and FE releasing this year so it might go up in price. With how poorly it sold there's likely not many copies out there.

There's also shovelware and licensed games that could be hard to find
R.I.P. Scalebound
Not changing this sig until Capcom brings back Rival Schools or Darkstalkers. Started 4/29/15

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#5
Tokyo Mirage Sessions seems like a good bet. It is one of the few Wii U exclusives that I would consider "off the table" for a Switch port given how poorly it sold in Japan and the West. It's a great game though!
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: 3khc

3khc
4 months ago#6
I really wanted Splatoon and Mario Maker, but I was waiting for a price drop that never happened. Now I'm afraid that the online community is dry. So if I buy them at the price right now, it's definitely not worth it.
----
-----

User Info: TsC_PoLiTiKz

TsC_PoLiTiKz
4 months ago#7
3khc posted...
I really wanted Splatoon and Mario Maker, but I was waiting for a price drop that never happened. Now I'm afraid that the online community is dry. So if I buy them at the price right now, it's definitely not worth it.

Splatoon had folks playing about a week ago; it didn't take long to jump in.

It could have been a fluke, though. Could have just gotten lucky.

Maybe someone who plays a bit more is around and can give you more of an idea?
Currently Playing: Star Wars: Battlefront II (XONE); Overwatch (XONE); Pokemon Blue (GB); The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (GBA); RuneScape (PC)

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#8
TsC_PoLiTiKz posted...
3khc posted...

Splatoon had folks playing about a week ago; it didn't take long to jump in.

It could have been a fluke, though. Could have just gotten lucky.

Maybe someone who plays a bit more is around and can give you more of an idea?

I'm sure there're still nintendo gamers playing the original Splatoon, not EVERYBODY upgraded to a Switch.
GT: Bludluvr Where do you get off exceeding the limits of Sex appeal? Now playing Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

User Info: excitebike64

excitebike64
4 months ago#9
Splatoon is very active. You just no longer have the Mii support. Does not change the game play, just no messages to read in the court yard type area.
lovecraft223

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#10
Splatoon 1 is definitely still active. With that said, if you have a Switch, Splatoon 2 makes Splatoon 1 pretty much obsolete, especially from a multiplayer perspective.

Not sure how active Mario Maker is at this point, but there's literally been millions of levels made for it over the years. Should be plenty there for you to enjoy.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What games to pick up before everything disappears into obscurity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived