What Are You Playing On Wii U?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What Are You Playing On Wii U?

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
2 months ago#1
I would like to see what people are playing on their Wii U. Right now I am playing New Super Mario Bros U.

Granted this game is too easy for me, but it is a load of fun. I'm trying to find everything I can in the game, which is drawing the length out for me.

I tried Single and Multi Player and personally I find SP better. I have read where people say NSMBU is better than the Wii version, but I am tempted to purchase the Wii game anyways. I highly recommend NSMBU for anyone who hasn't played it yet!

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#2
Arcade2 posted...
I would like to see what people are playing on their Wii U. Right now I am playing New Super Mario Bros U.

Granted this game is too easy for me, but it is a load of fun. I'm trying to find everything I can in the game, which is drawing the length out for me.

I tried Single and Multi Player and personally I find SP better. I have read where people say NSMBU is better than the Wii version, but I am tempted to purchase the Wii game anyways. I highly recommend NSMBU for anyone who hasn't played it yet!

I'm playing DKC Tropical Freeze and already beat it... If a game is too easy for you, try making sure the internet is connected and speed running it compared to the #1 ranked and/or world record holders on the leaderboards...

I took pretty much all of the #1 ranks on Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD, but couldn't do anything on Tropical Freeze...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvBqU9ySaZI
Injustice #1 Rank/Garden Warfare 2 #1 Rank/Gears of War 2 #1 Rank/17 Time Oddworld #1 Rank/MGS5 FOB #1 Rank/12 TIME WORLD RECORD HOLDER (twitch.tv/iiice_cold)

Arcade2
2 months ago#3
I'm not big into that. The game just doesn't provide much challenge for me...which is fine. Sometimes it's good to play an easy game once in a while.

I haven't beat DKC TF yet. I played for a while and it is fun, but I'm not overly drawn into it.

User Info: IIINCORRUPTIBLE

IIINCORRUPTIBLE
2 months ago#4
Arcade2 posted...
I'm not big into that. The game just doesn't provide much challenge for me...which is fine. Sometimes it's good to play an easy game once in a while.

I haven't beat DKC TF yet. I played for a while and it is fun, but I'm not overly drawn into it.

You're absolutely correct, if you're suggesting that fun factor is close to 100% more important than claiming world records, and I would agree almost completely... But that's actually how you claim the world records is through having fun... For example: When I started playing Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD, I purchased it on the PS3 because I remembered it being incredible, but I also purchased it for fun and nostalgic reasons almost completely. As I played through it, I realized that I could play through the entire game (like 10 plus times) and still enjoy the process for the most part, then I saw the opportunity to take the ranks (which was definitely not easy)...

So that's my point: You can still have fun and take #1 Ranks or world records, but you are correct that the process has to be fun... If you don't like Tropical Freeze or New Wii U Mario Bros., it will be a chore and the skill won't be there when you need it because of the frustration.
Injustice #1 Rank/Garden Warfare 2 #1 Rank/Gears of War 2 #1 Rank/17 Time Oddworld #1 Rank/MGS5 FOB #1 Rank/12 TIME WORLD RECORD HOLDER (twitch.tv/iiice_cold)

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
2 months ago#5
A week from today, when I get my Wii U-I'll be playing NintendoLand, Super Mario Galaxy(for the 1st time) & Toad's Treasure Trackers.
GT: Bludluvr Currently playing Yooka-Laylee, Voodoo Vince Remastered, Rayman 3HD, A Hat in Time, Super Mario Galaxy, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars

User Info: ElNachoCheese

ElNachoCheese
2 months ago#6
Started playing Darksiders Warmastered last week and it's pretty good so far, some rough frame rate areas but overall good game. Trying to beat it to play Darksiders 2, it was free on PS4 for PSplus subscribers this month. Still, always playing black ops2 online as well. Game is still fun.
Twitch.tv/ElNachoCheese
PSN/NNID/Steam/XBOX: ElNachoCheese

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
2 months ago#7
BOTW and Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA).

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
2 months ago#8
struggling to finish the vastly overrated zelda botw
tokyo mirage, xenoblade x, fatal frame and steamworld heist

thinking of buying tactics ogre n64
KPop
(edited 2 months ago)

Arcade2
1 month ago#9
Part of me wants to stop NSMBU and try the Steamworld collection.

User Info: Megathorn22

Megathorn22
1 month ago#10
NES Remix
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What Are You Playing On Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.