How's Mario Kart 8? Compared to say, Mario Kart DS (still my favorite and best).

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How's Mario Kart 8? Compared to say, Mario Kart DS (still my favorite and best).

User Info: saspa

saspa
5 months ago#1
I got Mario Kart Wii and then that's it. MK DS is really the only one that I truly loved.

How's the handling and controls in MK 8, pretty good? I'm thinking of buying one of the pro controllers for switch, unless there have been more kinds of controllers released recently.
http://i.imgur.com/0UFI0T9.jpg

User Info: colt85

colt85
5 months ago#2
It's good. Get the DLC.

DS had adventure mode, the first online mode and overall fun tracks, so it's one of the high points of the series. If you liked Wii, you'll probably like 8. I feel they screwed the bikes though.

That being said, there's no proper battle mode like in the rest of the series. You never really notice the gravity stuff (unlike like F-Zero GX) unless you watch a replay and notice you were racing upside down the whole time.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
5 months ago#3
8 is better in almost every way.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
5 months ago#4
I like Wii better.
I own Tandy,2600,NES,NESv2,GB,SNES,GBC,N64,GBA,SP, NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,SMS,SMS2,SG,SG2,GG, SCD,S32X,SS,SDC,PS1,PS2,XBox,360,XO and PC

User Info: Nintendo_Switch

Nintendo_Switch
5 months ago#5
Compared to DS? DS has a better battle mode, but that's pretty much it.

User Info: Grizzmeister

Grizzmeister
5 months ago#6
MarioLinkNES posted...
I like Wii better.

Mario Kart Wii is still my favorite too. I bought it at launch and played it online almost every day while the official servers were still up. Mario Kart 8 and Deluxe are prettier but MKWii has the best overall gameplay, IMO.
Speaking on condition of anonymity.

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
5 months ago#7
Nintendo_Switch posted...
Compared to DS? DS has a better battle mode, but that's pretty much it.

DS also has a mission mode (so far the only game to do so), but I would probably recommend forgetting about MK8 till you can get a Switch and the Switch version (which has a good battle mode among other additions).
Bring E.X. Troopers (PS3 + 3DS) West! E.D.N 3rd Adventure!
www.capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. How's Mario Kart 8? Compared to say, Mario Kart DS (still my favorite and best).

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived