why does the daily log sometimes forget games i've played?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why does the daily log sometimes forget games i've played?

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 months ago#1
it shows them as 'other titles' with the time played. and when i go to replay a game its forgotten, the time played is reset back to 0:00. i have no control of which games it chooses to forget or when it happens. i assume its when i delete demos from my system, but it has also happened with games I haven't played often in a long time. that may be the reason but i don't know for sure. it still seems random.

Has this happened to anybody else?
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Atariboy1982

Atariboy1982
4 months ago#2
That's an odd one that has me scratching my head. I wish I had some sort of explanation for you, since I'd love to know too.

It's completely unrelated, but a weird Wii U quirk I've had has been with a few VC NES downloads. I'll be playing a tough part of something like Super Mario Brothers: The Lost Levels, make a save state, and reload it a few times with no issue.

But two or three times over the years, that save state for some reason suddenly vanishes and an older save state that was overwritten is suddenly back when I reload. And we're not talking about possibly being mistaken and not having saved the game like I thought I had, since it's always been when I've reloaded the same save state a few times in a row. So I know it's there since I just reloaded it 90 seconds earlier, but suddenly it's just not there and I'm back to a point earlier in the game.

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
4 months ago#3
Okay, it happened again today. I bought few new disc games this week, only I find my Majora's Mask record (1:00) to be deleted from a previous month. So I play Majora's Mask and it comes back in my records, but the total time played is reset and now Axelay (1:00) from a previous month has been deleted. So I play Axelay and the same thing happens again, only now Slenderman has been deleted, also 1:00.

I think I've reached my limit on the amount of games the Wii U Daily Log can hold. Those three games being ones I recently added to the Daily Log. Games I have played for over an hour don't get deleted I've noticed; it's always been games that have little play time.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. why does the daily log sometimes forget games i've played?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived