Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

User Info: yahya_no_1

yahya_no_1
4 months ago#11
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
I expect many more Wii U to Switch ports. Bayonetta 1 & 2 were just announced. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the top selling Switch game, so clearly there's a strong market for these ports.

There are rumours of the next Smash Bros. game being an enhanced port of the Wii U version as well.

The only rumour about Smash 4 on Switch came from Laura Kate Dale and Emily Rogers.

And I just checked Wii U's eShop and there are a few games that were released this week so yes, it's still getting indie games and shovelware like Just Dance.

That means the console is done

It's really strange seeing a console that can still play the games that are right now on the market, yet no one is willing to invest the extra 5$ to sell their games on it

Back then, once the PS2 was out or GC, you can't make those games for the PSX or N64 no more, it was just not even the same

Looking at RE zero on N64(which I hope someone one day gets a hold of the demo or unfinished game) and RE zero on GC, it's just not even close

But no the PS3, X360 and WiiU still can play a good number of current market games, but I guess no one is taking that risk
PSN:yahyano1

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
4 months ago#12
Who cares, I still have to play like 5 Wii U games I haven't played yet

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
4 months ago#13
yahya_no_1 posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
I expect many more Wii U to Switch ports. Bayonetta 1 & 2 were just announced. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the top selling Switch game, so clearly there's a strong market for these ports.

There are rumours of the next Smash Bros. game being an enhanced port of the Wii U version as well.

The only rumour about Smash 4 on Switch came from Laura Kate Dale and Emily Rogers.

And I just checked Wii U's eShop and there are a few games that were released this week so yes, it's still getting indie games and shovelware like Just Dance.

That means the console is done

It's really strange seeing a console that can still play the games that are right now on the market, yet no one is willing to invest the extra 5$ to sell their games on it

Back then, once the PS2 was out or GC, you can't make those games for the PSX or N64 no more, it was just not even the same

Looking at RE zero on N64(which I hope someone one day gets a hold of the demo or unfinished game) and RE zero on GC, it's just not even close

But no the PS3, X360 and WiiU still can play a good number of current market games, but I guess no one is taking that risk

It's all about sales numbers, the PS3, and 360, heck to a point even the Wii has more sales unit wise, and more potential to break even, or make profit off the release of a game on those systems.

The Wii U at max is only going to have 13 + million units, as thus it's harder to actually sale enough to make profit off it.

If Nintendo was still supporting the Wii U with major first party titles, we may see more games as well, but when Nintendo announced they were going to quit making Wii U, and they were going to completely drop support for it, well why should any other company support it at that point?

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#14
yahya_no_1 posted...
TheRushDawg posted...

We all know and waiting for that, that will be the real final nail for the WiiU, but that is OK, unless Snake is back, I really don't care

The only time I would buy a switch if they increase the battery life, start losing all that bs hype just like the Wiiu had when it first came out and Nintendo fans realizing all over again for the 6th time they got no games coming out, this has been the case since the SNES starting with them cancelling StarFox 2(and already finished game)

Switch has a ton of games coming out for it. The system is selling well and third parties are flocking to it in droves. 2017 was a better year for Switch, software-wise, than ANY year the Wii U had and it wasn't even a full year.

2018 will have:

Yoshi
Kirby
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Dragon Quest Builders
Wolfenstein II
Lost Sphear
Project Octopath Travellers
Mega Man 11
Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2
Mega Man X Collection
Valkyria Chronicles 4

Plus Nintendo is expected to have a Direct in January where they will announce even more first and third party games.

I highly recommend you buy a Switch.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: crs1989

crs1989
4 months ago#15
Cubby posted...
crs1989 posted...
digressive posted...
Because Nintendo wants you to get a Switch. It's that simple.

This.

That being said, I do think they will continue to release terrible games for years to come. ICYMI, Just Dance 2018 was released on Wii this year. Not Wii U , but the original Wii.

https://www.amazon.com/Just-Dance-2018-Wii-U/dp/B072JSM93H/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512842031&sr=8-1&keywords=just+dance+2018+wiiu

Amazon disagrees with you on Just Dance 2018 being on Wii, but not the Wii U, as does Target, and Walmart.

That being said, U will no longer be supported by Nintendo directly with first party titles, other than maybe VC, and The U in general didn't even get the Lego game they used to get so the U is pretty much done with any type of major support.

Sorry for the confusion. I worded my last post poorly. I meant to emphasize that the game was released for Wii, I was talking about the Wii release and not the Wii U version.

User Info: Naisho

Naisho
4 months ago#16
If we will get something in the upcoming future, it will be something from indie developer, who will try to utilize gamepad in some way... probably... I dont expect anything from Nintendo and other big companies.

There was this game released for gameboy recently, and before that... I think there was something for SNES or NES... so maybe something like this is going to happen with Wii U. Some sort of tribute for Wii U from the developers who believes that it was indeed a good game system.

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#17
Naisho posted...
If we will get something in the upcoming future, it will be something from indie developer, who will try to utilize gamepad in some way... probably... I dont expect anything from Nintendo and other big companies.

There was this game released for gameboy recently, and before that... I think there was something for SNES or NES... so maybe something like this is going to happen with Wii U. Some sort of tribute for Wii U from the developers who believes that it was indeed a good game system.

Real talk: why would an indie developer bother with trying to make a game that utilizes the game pad uniquely at this point? The audience is way too small and they wouldn't be able to port it to other systems.

The Wii U is dead; even Nintendo has stopped making games for it. Prior to the Switch's release, Nintendo was also actively encouraging indies to make their games for Switch instead of Wii U..
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#18
Brianst0rm posted...
The only rumour about Smash 4 on Switch

Oh come on.
The new Nintendo is porting literally everything it can. And all of them are lazy ports as well, with all sorts of downgrades.

So Smash is a given. Why would they create a new one, when they can re-sell the old one for full price once more? New Nintendo learned from Sony that this works.

But there will still be games that won't get that treatment. As soon as some major gamepad support is included, they won't touch it. That's also probably the reason why Super Mario Color Splash was still released on the Wii U.

I even expect downgrade ports of the both Zelda games, because at least that one won't take much work either.
Hyrule Warriors will get ported too. A second time.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
4 months ago#19
Why the hell would Nintendo waste anymore resources on the Wii U? They moved on to the Switch, and so should you.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 months ago#20
jimi_dini posted...
The new Nintendo is porting literally everything it can. And all of them are lazy ports as well, with all sorts of downgrades.

Pokken and Mario Kart all both look and run better and offer more content than their Wii U counterparts with no drawbacks whatsoever.

Rayman Legends had a rough start but was later patched, now it can live up to its name as the 'definitive version'.

BOWT runs at a more stable framerate and higher resolution than it's Wii U counterpart, with the only drawback being a second longer of loading time.

'downgrade'? Stop being salty about ports I'm pretty sure you haven't played.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will they continue to release Wii-U games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived