Yet another Wii U exclusive porting to Switch ...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Yet another Wii U exclusive porting to Switch ...

User Info: El_Zaggy

El_Zaggy
7 months ago#41
Grandpriest posted...
Hey ... Nintendo ...

Maybe try going forward with the new system instead of spitting on Wii U owners by porting over all the exclusive games with shiny new features?

wii u owners should probably evolve and buy a switch ?

what difference does it make for a wii u owners that the games are ported to the switch ? their wii u games they appreciate and like stay the same.

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
7 months ago#42
DarkMark942 posted...
Is TC aware of the fact that the PS3/360 must have over 50 games that got remastered for next gen consoles? It's the trend nowadays. But since Bayo 3 is coming to the Switch the ports make sense. Bayonetta 2 should still work on your Wii U, btw.

50 games is a tiny minority of the PS3/360 library.

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
7 months ago#43
I could also see Super Mario 3D World coming over to the Switch. That game is the worst selling 3D Mario platformer surpassing Sunshine which only sold about like 6 million units on the GCN.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
7 months ago#44
Grandpriest posted...

You gonna tell us what you mean by "yet another"? Or do we have to wait for someone to guess correctly?
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
7 months ago#45
Gargomon251 posted...
Grandpriest posted...

You gonna tell us what you mean by "yet another"? Or do we have to wait for someone to guess correctly?

He means the Bayonetta Switch port announcement a week back. This topic was made just hours after that announcement.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
7 months ago#46
Seacliff217 posted...
Gargomon251 posted...
Grandpriest posted...

He means the Bayonetta Switch port announcement a week back. This topic was made just hours after that announcement.

Still doesn't excuse him from assuming we all know what he's talking about.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
7 months ago#47
Some of you seriously expect Nintendo to let these games just rot and die on Wii U?
Don't be stupid.
Go where the games are...

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
6 months ago#48
TheRushDawg posted...
SNES
-Super Mario 1
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3
-Super Mario: the Lost Levels

Silly goose.
Those are remakes, not ports.

Gamecube:
-Zelda
-Zelda 2
-Zelda Ocarina of Time
-Zelda Majora's Mask

Do you know the difference between PORTS and emulation?

Wii
-Super Mario 1
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3
-Super Mario: the Lost Levels

You can't be that dumb to not see that Nintendo was lazy and literally released the SNES remake collection on the Wii. Emulated.
Which makes that neither a remake, or port, but it's an emulated game. Why not mention every single emulated game on Wii+Wii U, while you are at it?

Oh wait, it's RushedDog, nvm.

Let me fix your troll list:

SNES had the following First Party NES Ports:
Total = 0
Tetris is not a port.
Wario's Woods was developed for NES+SNES at the same time.
Dr. Mario is at worst a remake.

NES/SNES to N64 First Party Ports
Total =0
Dr. Mario 64 is a completely different game. It's not a port. At worst a remake.

NES/SNES/N64 to GameCube First Party Ports
Total = 0 (I'm too lazy to check on the Japanese ones, and I wouldn't be surprised if you were lying about those too)

NES/SNES/N64/GC to Wii First Party Ports
-Pikmin 1
-Pikmin 2
-Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Mario Power Tennis
-Super Mario Strikers
Total = 7
At least Pikmin1+2+MP1+2 made sense because of way superior controls. Can't speak for the rest.
Metroid Prime collection btw. included MP1+2+3. So it wasn't just some silly collection of last-gen ports, but included the latest entry as well, which is a Wii exclusive.
MP1+2 also actually used the Prime 3 engine. Calling those 2 "ports" isn't really the truth.

NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii to Wii U First Party Ports
-Zelda Wind Waker
-Zelda Twilight Princess
Total = 2
Both with all sorts of improvements. Wind Waker being the one, that was massively improved + changed up.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
6 months ago#49
TheRushDawg posted...
Most Nintendo consoles get a lot of first party games rereleased for them.

Factually incorrect, rushed dog.
Nintendo ported quite a few from Gamecube to Wii, but that was basically it.
And for at least 4 of them I'm really happy they did, because of the way superior controls.
I'm pretty sure everyone who enjoyed Metroid Prime 3 thought to themselves: "I really want to get the previous 2 games with THOSE controls".

The 2 Zelda games on Wii U were both Gamecube games and especially Wind Waker was massively improved. New gameplay added. Stupid stuff got removed/minimized.

It was none of the current lazy last-gen porting crap that happens on all the systems.

Also, good luck switching to PlayStation.

Who said anything about switching to Sony? How about we simply stop buying all those "new" last-gen portstations and wait until the industry finally crashes and gets back to normal?

Last-gen porting is just one of the problems. The paid online scam is another problem.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
6 months ago#50
Grandpriest posted...
That's *never* happened before until now, because it's dumb, stale, and disrespects those who supported the last console.

Yeah it has. Mario all stars for the snes? That was porting the nes's three biggest games.
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Yet another Wii U exclusive porting to Switch ...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived