Yet another Wii U exclusive porting to Switch ...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Yet another Wii U exclusive porting to Switch ...

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
5 months ago#31
Rogziel2k posted...
wii U is legacy console like Wii now....I exprect remasters and ports now which I think is good cause some games were wasted on a console that sold pretty s***ty

Absolutely.

I can't understand why anyone would want Bayonetta 2 or any other Wii U game for that matter to be stuck on the Wii U forever. It is a good thing that these games are coming to a wider audience.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Master_Magnus

Master_Magnus
5 months ago#32
metroid02 posted...

Also, "true gamers" know that games get ports, remasters and remakes. Ever since the inception of the Switch we knew that it was probably going to get a couple of the Us games. How is this even remotely surprising?

The reason you bought a Wii U was to play the games that were coming out for it right there and then.

Bulls*it. Virtually all Nintendo consoles except the Wii U had at most 2 notable games ported to the successor, Gamecube only had filler games ported to Wii except for Pikmin and Metroid and even the Virtual Boy had zero games ported. On the other hand nearly all notable games for Wii U have been or will be ported to Switch which means that the Wii U was a scam, because a console which has no exclusives left just a couple of years after it's discontinued is a waste of money. If Nintendo keeps porting Wii U games to Switch then I will switch to Playstation, since Sony knows how to treat its customers.

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
5 months ago#33
Master_Magnus posted...
metroid02 posted...

Also, "true gamers" know that games get ports, remasters and remakes. Ever since the inception of the Switch we knew that it was probably going to get a couple of the Us games. How is this even remotely surprising?

The reason you bought a Wii U was to play the games that were coming out for it right there and then.

Bulls*it. Virtually all Nintendo consoles except the Wii U had at most 2 notable games ported to the successor, Gamecube only had filler games ported to Wii except for Pikmin and Metroid and even the Virtual Boy had zero games ported. On the other hand nearly all notable games for Wii U have been or will be ported to Switch which means that the Wii U was a scam, because a console which has no exclusives left just a couple of years after it's discontinued is a waste of money. If Nintendo keeps porting Wii U games to Switch then I will switch to Playstation, since Sony knows how to treat its customers.

Let's test that!

SNES had the following First Party NES Ports:
-Dr. Mario
-Super Mario 1
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3
-Super Mario: the Lost Levels
-Tetris
-Wario's Woods

Total = 7

NES/SNES to N64 First Party Ports
-Dr. Mario

Total =1

NES/SNES/N64 to GameCube First Party Ports
-Zelda
-Zelda 2
-Zelda Ocarina of Time
-Zelda Majora's Mask
-Yoshi's Cookie (Japan Only)
-Dr. Mario (Japan Only)
-Panel de Pon (Japan Only)

Total = 7 (including Japan Only titles)

NES/SNES/N64/GC to Wii First Party Ports
-Pikmin 1
-Pikmin 2
-Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Mario Power Tennis
-Super Mario Strikers
-Super Mario 1
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3

Total = 11

NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii to Wii U First Party Ports
-Zelda Wind Waker
-Zelda Twilight Princess

Total = 2

Looks like you're the one spouting bulls***. Most Nintendo consoles get a lot of first party games rereleased for them.

Also, good luck switching to PlayStation. Sony rereleases their games all the time as well. Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Last of Us, God of War III, etc. all got PS3 to PS4 ports (and that's just off the top of my head!)
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

Master_Magnus
5 months ago#34
TheRushDawg posted...
Master_Magnus posted...
metroid02 posted...

Let's test that!

SNES had the following First Party NES Ports:
-Dr. Mario
-Super Mario 1
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3
-Tetris
-Wario's Woods

Total = 7

NES/SNES to N64 First Party Ports
-Dr. Mario

Total =1

NES/SNES/N64 to GameCube First Party Ports
-Zelda
-Zelda 2
-Zelda Ocarina of Time
-Zelda Majora's Mask
-Yoshi's Cookie (Japan Only)
-Dr. Mario (Japan Only)
-Panel de Pon (Japan Only)

Total = 7 (including Japan Only titles)

NES/SNES/N64/GC to Wii First Party Ports
-Pikmin 1
-Pikmin 2
-Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
-Metroid Prime
-Metroid Prime 2
-Mario Power Tennis
-Super Mario Strikers
-Super Mario 1
-Super Mario 2
-Super Mario 3

Total = 11

NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii to Wii U First Party Ports
-Zelda Wind Waker
-Zelda Twilight Princess

Total = 2

Looks like you're the one spouting bulls***. Most Nintendo consoles get a lot of first party games rereleased for them.

Also, good luck switching to PlayStation. Sony rereleases their games all the time as well. Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Last of Us, God of War III, etc. all got PS3 to PS4 ports (and that's just off the top of my head!)

You are counting ports multiple generations after the original game. Ports of "retro" games don't count, only ports of games before they are retro count. The reason is that ten years of exclusivity makes a console worth buying but a game that is exclusive for less than a console generation doesn't add any value to a console.

NES only had the Super Mario games as notable ports. That's the only time they ported so many Mario games to its direct successor.

Afaik no SNES games were ported to N64.

Gamecube only had Animal Crossing ported. The Zelda ports were limited preorder bonuses and extremely buggy.

Wii had Twilight Princess, two Metroid prime games, two Pikmin games and filler. But Gamecube had its own Zelda and a lot more games than Wii U. Only a small number of first party Gamecube games were ported to Wii U.

Wii U only had Wii Sports Club, a remaster of a game everyone already had but made worse due to their weird pricing scheme. Wii games on the eShop don't count since they are nothing more than ripped ISOs. Also, the Wii U library is already inexcusably bad, lacking the absolute bare minimum library you could expect from a Nintendo console since Virtual Boy. 3DS had only two Wii ports, and they were both crap due to the 3DS specs.

User Info: Rogziel2k

Rogziel2k
5 months ago#35
and technically its a Nintendo exclusive not a wii u exclusive
PSN-jets28cm, XBLA- jets28cm, Steam- jets28cm, I own: SMS, NES, SNES, GEN, VB, SAT, PSX, N64, DC, PS2, XBOX, GC, GBC, GBA, NDS, 3ds, PS3, PS4, Fire TV, PC

User Info: Mr_Rudd

Mr_Rudd
5 months ago#36
Grandpriest posted...
Mr_Rudd posted...
Grandpriest posted...
rpeopler posted...
Grandpriest posted...
yahya_no_1 posted...
Well we always knew they would do this

Hell platinum games hinted on this multiple times, I am just surprised it took this long

This whole current gen is the most disappointing one yet, we are going backgrounds instead of going forward

The only argument to that is for Platinum Games. While they are porting games that just came out last gen, at least they are making new stuff like Bayonetta 3 (and the beautiful Nier Automata).

Nintendo? The only 2 noteworthy exclusives I can think of are Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Everything else is just a fancy copy/paste of Wii U exclusives.

(I swear to god, if they port over Xenoblade X, I'm so done.)

Tetsuya Takahashi has already expressed interest in it, so it's definitely a possibility (who am I kidding, it's coming).

I will literally never buy another Nintendo console if all the console exclusives that I bought for Wii U get ported to the immediate successor. That's *never* happened before until now, because it's dumb, stale, and disrespects those who supported the last console.

Wii U owners need to be assured that they didn't just buy the WIi U to be beta testers. There needs to be some exclusives staying on Wii U to make buying the console worth it. It's honestly not right that the Switch is getting everything.

That's what people get for blindly purchasing Nintendo systems. Hopefully this is a lesson for them. You should only purchase consoles because they have games that interest you, not because of brand loyalty.

Well shocker, I bought a Wii U to play the awesome exclusive games it had, not because of brand loyalty. I bought a Wii U because I thought that would be the only way to play awesome games like Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and so forth. What's more, I have a PS4 to play all the awesome games on there that I can't get anywhere else. That's why true gamers buy consoles.

So ... you can shove your "brand" loyalty.

Ok, sucks to be you.

Good thing the U never had enough games to justify my purchase, otherwise I'd also be regretting it now.

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
5 months ago#37
Grandpriest posted...
Hey ... Nintendo ...

Maybe try going forward with the new system instead of spitting on Wii U owners by porting over all the exclusive games with shiny new features?

How the hell is this spitting on Wii U users? When the Wii U got twilight princess was that Spitting on Gamecube users? When the 3ds got basically all the best N64 games ported to it, was that spitting on N64 users? Of course not, that would be ridiculous, like you TC. Move the hell on.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

Master_Magnus
5 months ago#38
rusty12000 posted...
Grandpriest posted...
Hey ... Nintendo ...

Maybe try going forward with the new system instead of spitting on Wii U owners by porting over all the exclusive games with shiny new features?

How the hell is this spitting on Wii U users? When the Wii U got twilight princess was that Spitting on Gamecube users? When the 3ds got basically all the best N64 games ported to it, was that spitting on N64 users? Of course not, that would be ridiculous, like you TC. Move the hell on.

Twilight Princess was 10 years old when it was ported to Wii U and it wasn't even a Gamecube exclusive to begin with. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were even older when they were ported to 3DS. On the other hand Wii U didn't even have an exclusive Zelda at all. How is that even comparable?

User Info: darkwargreymon9

darkwargreymon9
5 months ago#39
I bought a WiiU only last year because I knew that a lot of its games were going to be exclusive. I mainly got it for Zelda BOTW, Xenoblade X, Smash 4, and Pikmin 3. Other games like Mario kart 8 and such are just gravy, but not the meat. I am feeling bitter when nintendo is porting a lot of the good games too 3DS and Switch, moreso the switch.
Since I just bought a WiiU recently, I will probably wait a coule of years for the next console, and it will probably be a PS4. In the meantime I have plenty of older games to keep me occupied, from 5th and 6th gens mostly.
http://www.backloggery.com/darkwargreymon9

User Info: DarkMark942

DarkMark942
5 months ago#40
Is TC aware of the fact that the PS3/360 must have over 50 games that got remastered for next gen consoles? It's the trend nowadays. But since Bayo 3 is coming to the Switch the ports make sense. Bayonetta 2 should still work on your Wii U, btw.
Seattle Seahawks SBXLVIII Champions
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Yet another Wii U exclusive porting to Switch ...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived