I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
2 months ago#31
Brianst0rm posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
Brianst0rm posted...
Splatoon 1 is not obsolete lol you can find online matches within seconds.

Also, it has maps, sub weapons and specials that Splatoon 2 doesn't have.

Aaaand the online is free

Splatoon 1 is totally obsolete. Splatoon 2 has everything Splatoon 1 has, plus new modes, new types of weapons and major quality of life improvements.

If you want to get pedantic, yes, not games have unique subs and specials but so what? Are you seriously suggesting people go back to Splatoon 1 from Splatoon 2 just to use a couple specials? That's laughable.

All Splatoon 1 maps will come to Splatoon 2; it is just a matter of time. Same with Splatoon 1 weapons.

I have played over 100 hours of Splatoon 2 and haven't paid a cent.

And oh yeah, Splatoon 2 is still getting splat fests.

Splatoon 1 is obsolete. Deal with it.

You probably never played Splatoon 1 and keep talking your ass off.

LOL! Weak comeback dude! I've played the original Splatoon for over 300 hours and can prove it if you want.

Splatoon 1 was by far my favourite Wii U game. When I say Splatoon 2 makes Splatoon 1 obsolete, I know of what I speak.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
2 months ago#32
@Ben111

The gamepad adds pretty much nothing to the Splatoon experience. Splatoon 2 still has motion controls and you can easily access the map for a super jump at the press of a button.

Plus Splatoon 2 adds:

-More weapon types (dualies and 'brellas)
-Salmon Run Player vs. Enemy Mode
-New Ranked Mode (Clam Blitz)
-League Battle Mode
-The ability to switch out your weapon / outfit between matches (without having to go back to lobby)
-Voice Chat
-New music (and MUCH more music tracks overall)
-Higher level cap (99)
-More maps (with new maps being added all the time)
-Better graphics and resolution

All that, plus Nintendo has promised more free updates for a whole year. That means we have more than 6 months of additional updates to look forward to.

Spatoon 2 is objectively better than Splatoon 1; deal with it.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
2 months ago#33
TheRushDawg posted...
@Ben111

The gamepad adds pretty much nothing to the Splatoon experience. Splatoon 2 still has motion controls and you can easily access the map for a super jump at the press of a button.

Plus Splatoon 2 adds:

-League Battle Mode
-The ability to switch out your weapon / outfit between matches (without having to go back to lobby)
-Voice Chat
-Higher level cap (99)

All that, plus Nintendo has promised more free updates for a whole year. That means we have more than 6 months of additional updates to look forward to.

Sorry but you are wrong. Splatoon is a wii u game developed around the gamepad. Only the most baised people try to dismiss the gamepad support as unimportant
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

TheRushDawg
2 months ago#34
Ben111 posted...
TheRushDawg posted...
@Ben111

Plus Splatoon 2 adds:

-League Battle Mode
-Voice Chat
-Higher level cap (99)

Sorry but you are wrong. Splatoon is a wii u game developed around the gamepad. Only the most baised people try to dismiss the gamepad support as unimportant

Have you played Splatoon 2? The game loses ZERO functionality without the game pad and adds a ton of content.

You are right that Splatoon 1 was developed around the gamepad and it utilizes the gamepad well. Perhaps I was too harsh when I said it adds nothing to the Splatoon 1 experience. But Splatoon 2 has the full gameplay experience of Splatoon 1 plus so much more WITHOUT the gamepad. So clearly, the gamepad doesn't add much to the core Splatoon experience.

Splatoon 2 > Splatoon 1.

User Info: bicboi64

bicboi64
2 months ago#35
Not a bad choice at all considering WiiU's can be cheap and some of the games can be found for cheap because of price drops or the used market. There are some WiiU exclusives that might not ever get ported but even if they do, they can be enjoyed while the Switch drops in price. Not to mention the majority of Nintendo first party games on the U are well made (Starfox being the exception).
Too many games, not enough time

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
2 months ago#36
bicboi64 posted...
Not a bad choice at all considering WiiU's can be cheap and some of the games can be found for cheap because of price drops or the used market. There are some WiiU exclusives that might not ever get ported but even if they do, they can be enjoyed while the Switch drops in price. Not to mention the majority of Nintendo first party games on the U are well made (Starfox being the exception).

My big thing is, (& recognize that I count Wii & Wii U games together) the Wii U has SupMario Galaxy, SMG 2, 3D World....boom... 3 Mario platformers right off the bat. It's gonna be at least a year before the Switch has 2. & I Love 3D Platformers, especially w/ Mario. That's the biggest draw. Then there are games like Toad's Treasure Tracker's(may never b on Switch because of the use of the gamepad), Yoshi's Wolly World(still a home console exclusive) & Bayonetta 2, still Wii U exclusive regardless of what the future holds. Just a few good examples of why I want a Wii U. 🙂
GT: Bludluvr Currently playing Yooka-Laylee & Voodoo Vince Remastered

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
2 months ago#37
I hope Gordon gets black ops 2 so we can play together. <3
I like og Xbox so much I made a youtube about it.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLoMsQgAsN0scmkQvievLA

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
2 months ago#38
MrCokeacola posted...
I hope Gordon gets black ops 2 so we can play together. <3

I don't do any of the COD games-I suck at them. Perhaps some MK?
GT: Bludluvr Currently playing Yooka-Laylee & Voodoo Vince Remastered

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
2 months ago#39
Better get the USB Storage Memory. Breath of the Wild has so much Memory updates.

It also has Twilight Princess HD & Wind Waker HD. Sadly, no Miiverse function for those two.

Better get some Amiibos. You'll need them for BOTW and other games like Captain Toad.

TheRushDawg
2 months ago#40
Linkz1 posted...
Better get the USB Storage Memory. Breath of the Wild has so much Memory updates.

It also has Twilight Princess HD & Wind Waker HD. Sadly, no Miiverse function for those two.

Better get some Amiibos. You'll need them for BOTW and other games like Captain Toad.

You absolutely don't need amiibos for BotW or Captain Toad.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived