I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#1
I could have a Switch for Xmas...nothing wrong with that but I'm going for a refurbished Wii U instead. Reason? Super Mario 3D World. Super Mario Galaxy. Super Mario Galaxy 2. DKC Tropical Freeze. Cpt Toad's Treasure Trackers, Bayonetta 2, Nintendoland. Wonderful 101. Pikmin 3. Yoshi's Wooly World & Mario Kart 8, only 1 of which is available on the Switch. The Wii U plays 2 Nintendo generations of games I feel like I missed out on. Switch has.. Super Mario Odyssey.
Plain & simple.

And even if some of the games I listed r ported to the Switch, no big deal. The Wii U has them NOW. As far as I'm concerned Super Mario 3D World, Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario Galaxy 2 r must plays. Switch may never come out w/ them. It would be worth the cash just for those 3 alone. I really feel that way. Maybe some day I'll get a Switch, but 4 now, a Wii U will do me just fine. 👍👍
GT: Bludluvr Every now & then I like to stick my head out the window & pose for a satellite picture.

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
4 months ago#2
You’ll have a pretty big back catalogue of games to flip through that’ll keep you busy for awhile.

Also: Breath of the Wild.

Roll with what makes you happy
I AM ERROR.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#3
Good choice.

Wii + Wii U have tons of exclusives. Some Wii U games were ported, but in almost all cases the Wii U version is superior (for example Lego City Undercover, ZombiU, etc.).

And Wii U also has Super Mario Maker and NES Remix. Must have.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
4 months ago#4
I own both a Switch and a Wii U and the Switch is so much better than the Wii U it's not even funny.

Go with what makes you happy, but I'd strongly recommend the Switch over the Wii U any day of the week.
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
4 months ago#5
Switch has great games now and more to come. However, now is a great time for Wii U owners. If you have a GameStop check them. I noticed they lowered prices a lot and I snagged games for real cheap from them.

As pointed out get Mario Maker...it is very fun. Don't forget the LoZ HD remakes if you're into them.

I wasn't too big into Wii but have picked up a few games. Keep in mind IF you decide, you can play Wii games on the gamepad. I suggest getting a stand, put the pad on it, and go from there.

Finally there are some great games third party wise. Look around and I'm sure you'll find some games you never knew you'd like. Have fun.

User Info: Frozen_Robo-Ky

Frozen_Robo-Ky
4 months ago#6
Don't forget the Virtual Console, including all the Wii Shop-exclusive titles (like the entirety of WiiWare) that are about to disappear.
IN SPACE!
Bzzt.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#7
Arcade2 posted...
Switch has great games now and more to come. However, now is a great time for Wii U owners. If you have a GameStop check them. I noticed they lowered prices a lot and I snagged games for real cheap from them.

As pointed out get Mario Maker...it is very fun. Don't forget the LoZ HD remakes if you're into them.

I wasn't too big into Wii but have picked up a few games. Keep in mind IF you decide, you can play Wii games on the gamepad. I suggest getting a stand, put the pad on it, and go from there.

Finally there are some great games third party wise. Look around and I'm sure you'll find some games you never knew you'd like. Have fun.

Frozen_Robo-Ky posted...
Don't forget the Virtual Console, including all the Wii Shop-exclusive titles (like the entirety of WiiWare) that are about to disappear.

Frozen_Robo-Ky posted...

Thank U guyz.
GT: Bludluvr If you shoot a mime should you use a silencer?

User Info: userfrigginame

userfrigginame
4 months ago#8
DKC Tropical Freeze was meh. I would definitely agree more with Gamespot's review of it over IGN's. All the other's are good. Oh, and NintendoLand, even though it's free, is bleh.

User Info: CaptainWario

CaptainWario
4 months ago#9
TheRushDawg posted...
I own both a Switch and a Wii U and the Switch is so much better than the Wii U it's not even funny.

Go with what makes you happy, but I'd strongly recommend the Switch over the Wii U any day of the week.

Exactly!!!

User Info: este914

este914
4 months ago#10
You can take the chance (if you opt for the Switch) that some of those U games will be ported over.

But if you really want to play them then just go with that U

-
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I have the choice to get a Wii U or a Switch 4 Xmas.I'm going 4 a Wii U bcuz:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived