Can I use the Wii U Pro Controller with Wii games bought from the Wii U eShop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can I use the Wii U Pro Controller with Wii games bought from the Wii U eShop?

User Info: Shizukari

Shizukari
4 months ago#1
I've bought Xenoblade Chronicles from the Wii U eShop, but try as I might, I can only choose between either the Gamepad or a Wiimote. I have the Wii U Pro Controller and I'd like to know if I can use it with Wii games bought from the Wii U eShop.

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#2
No, you can't.
And that has actually technical reasons. Even the gamepad support got hacked/patched in, which is why it's limited to Wii games bought on eShop.

You can however connect a Wii Classic controller to the Wiimote and play using that one. I also have no idea why you don't want to play with the Wii U gamepad. That's the primary controller for the Wii U.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Can I use the Wii U Pro Controller with Wii games bought from the Wii U eShop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived