Yoshi's Island SNES?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Yoshi's Island SNES?

User Info: legefy

legefy
4 months ago#1
Is it not on the Wii u? I swear I saw it before but now all that comes up is the GBA port. Am I going daft here or what?
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: LeetCheet

LeetCheet
4 months ago#2
Only the GBA version on Wii U.
If you want the SNES version you gonna have to buy a SNES Classic.
https://i.imgur.com/eQrRxik.jpg

User Info: legefy

legefy
4 months ago#3
And the SNES version definitely wasn't added then removed right? I'm losing it XD So is the GBA version worth picking up then?
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 months ago#4
legefy posted...
And the SNES version definitely wasn't added then removed right? I'm losing it XD So is the GBA version worth picking up then?

It's speculated that SNES games Yoshi's Island were never put on the VC because the game uses the Super FX chip (actually, the Super FX 2 chip) and that for some reason the VC setup won't work with any games that use the chip. Which could also be why other games that used the chip like Star Fox were never on the VC.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 months ago#5
KCJ5062 posted...
for some reason the VC setup won't work with any games that use the chip

Actually people say that there may be patent / rights issues somehow.
It has to be something like this. Nintendo is obviously capable of properly and accurately emulating it (even with the horrible frame rate of Star Fox).
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Yoshi's Island SNES?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived