Wii U will not sync up with gamepad

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U will not sync up with gamepad

User Info: sjhanksaz

sjhanksaz
2 months ago#1
So I just replaced the wifi chip in the gamepad to try and fix the issue but it is still going on.

When I push the sync button on the console it tells me to push the sync button on the gamepad. When I do this I see the screen on the gamepad where it is ready for the 4 symbols.

But nothing shows up on the TV. So per the directions on the gamepad screen I push the sync button on the console again. Every time I hit the sync button on the console again it gives and error that I must turn it all off and try again.

I have tired all kinds of combinations and no matter what I end up on this screen and end up turning the power off.

Everything I have found so far about this issue says that just changing the chip in the gamepad but this didn't work.

I need some help on this issue please.

User Info: sjhanksaz

sjhanksaz
2 months ago#2
I had to buy this part and install in on the console and now all is good.

Bluetooth Wireless Module Chip for Wii U Main Console Board CHIP IC 2878D -WINA2

Got the part used on eBay for under 10 dollars and now the Wii U is working just fine.

User Info: purevil88

purevil88
2 months ago#3
This happend to mine also.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U will not sync up with gamepad

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived