So, was the Wii U a failure?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So, was the Wii U a failure?

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
4 months ago#1
I bought a Wii when the world was going crazy over the motion controls..I loved the Mario games and a few others but ultimately it collected dust for me..everyone or most people I know personally that owned one said the same thing for them, they rarely played it..ultimately I honestly felt ripped off by Nintendo after buying the Wii, 4 nun chucks and Wiimotes along with vc games and assorted software..

I do not have Wii U but for those that do have it, do you consider it a success or failure or just barely worth owning?

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 months ago#2
bry6trump posted...
barely worth owning?

This. There are a dozen or so titles that might not get ported (but that might change soon), it's still not a massive library.

Good thing is that a lot of these games go for cheap, like sub-$20 used, which is very rare for Nintendo titles.

User Info: bry6trump

bry6trump
4 months ago#3
Seacliff217 posted...
bry6trump posted...
barely worth owning?

This. There are a dozen or so titles that might not get ported (but that might change soon), it's still not a massive library.

Good thing is that a lot of these games go for cheap, like sub-$20 used, which is very rare for Nintendo titles.

Nice, I'm thinking of buying a used Wii U..how much do they go for generally?

User Info: Seacliff217

Seacliff217
4 months ago#4
bry6trump posted...
Seacliff217 posted...
bry6trump posted...
barely worth owning?

Nice, I'm thinking of buying a used Wii U..how much do they go for generally?

Depends, since it's discontinued it can get unreasonably high new. It shouldn't be too hard to get one under $200 used from a trusted seller though.

Just make sure you know what you want to play on it.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 months ago#5
Some people think anything below a C is an F.

No, it was not a "failure".
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
4 months ago#6
Failure to Nintendo standards.
Not a failure gamer standards.
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: old-new72

old-new72
4 months ago#7
Gargomon251 posted...
Some people think anything below a C is an F.

No, it was not a "failure".

The system was a failure, no matter how much you're damage controlling it. It was barely advertised. Price cuts happened once and the system never got below 300 in stores. The GamePad was yet another forced gimmick. Nobody was buying much outside of Mario and few other outsiders like Splatoon. It's a system that won't be remembered outside of extremist Nintendo fanboys.

ArcFan10000 posted...

It's a failure, regardless of "standards."
"Super Mario Kart has better 3D graphics than Saturn games." The cranky hermit

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 months ago#8
ArcFan10000 posted...

I think you have that backwards.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: ArcFan10000

ArcFan10000
4 months ago#9
I don't have it backwards switch fanboys suck!

Yippee your getting a new pokemon and the 3DS isnt...who cares!
The Switch isn't getting people you think, it's like the Wii original and getting Soccermoms and grandpas.
And children asking for it for christmas.

I'll go back to playing PS4 and Xbox One where the Adult gamers are have a fantastic day!
Favs: Persona, Final Fantasy,Tales series PSN: Brian_2030, Xbox Live: SEGAnerd776
Waiting For: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
4 months ago#10
Yes
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So, was the Wii U a failure?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived