Wii U was amazing Right?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U was amazing Right?

User Info: Wet_Pants

Wet_Pants
5 months ago#41
deduplication /diːˌdjuːplɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

the elimination of duplicate or redundant information, especially in computer data.

Could we apply deduplication to you please, Infinity? You're guilty of redundant information, and you repeat it endlessly.
I once had a portobello stuffed with stilton and when it was cooking it smelt exactly like my night sweats - Youthemism

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
5 months ago#42
Wet_Pants posted...
Could we apply deduplication to you please, Infinity? You're guilty of redundant information, and you repeat it endlessly.

To say he supplies redundant information is to imply that he supplies information at all, which he doesn't. His posts are and endless stream of random thoughts and terms that have no relation to each other and form nothing coherent to glean anything from. It's not information. It's walls of text.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: KainFourteh

KainFourteh
5 months ago#43
DavCube posted...
Wet_Pants posted...

To say he supplies redundant information is to imply that he supplies information at all, which he doesn't. His posts are and endless stream of random thoughts and terms that have no relation to each other and form nothing coherent to glean anything from. It's not information. It's walls of text.

Now now, no need to pick on the mentally ill.

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
5 months ago#44
I feel like the Wii U iz amazing, it just had extremely tough competition. The only area I would fault Nintendo 4 w/ the Wii U is the lack of games. I mean seriously, there's only a 143 games? ( iz that accurate? ). Granted, the Wii U has every Wii game in it's arsenal which is over a thousand & I count those games-cause I never had an original Wii.

This Xmas, I've asked my Dad to get me a Wii U, & I am Very excited about it.. I know the game choices are limited, but what's there is very good. Can't wait to play Sup MarGalaxy & experience the magic of Nintendo, after 4 years of suffering thru a platformer drought w/ the Xbox One. Yooka-Laylee was imo the 1st true 3D platformer to come along & that was 4 plus years into the One's life cycle.
GT: Bludluvr Every now & then I like to stick my head out the window & pose for a satellite picture.

User Info: Infinity8378

Infinity8378
5 months ago#45
Infinity8378 posted...
Infinity8378 posted...
Seacliff217 posted...
Infinity8378 posted...
Wii U was not underpowered

It was.

It's barely more powerful than the consoles 6 years before it, and that's assuming you knew how to program for its convoluted architecture.

If it was released in the previous decade, it might have been on par with the times. But it was supposed to compete with the PS4 and XBone, which outpaced it in teraflops, developer memory, and design many times over.

I do like the Wii U, but it's Nintendo's worst home console in retrospect.

It competed with the Xbox One and the PS4. Devs got ~30MB of fast RAM to load data in and out with 1(more than switch)-1.3TF 32 bit Flops. Design was Great NO PAID ONLINE,MIIVERSE, Nintendoland. PS4 was the Weakest system this gen its why they list the SAME 32bit and 16bit floats rates unlike Switch.

Also with memory addresses you only get up to 2048 bits. none of the data types would be able to fit in 4GiB as everything is O[n] like an array so 32*32 array 24*24 array 16*16 array would not fit in 4GiB

ALLEGED WII U PROBLEM "BUT What about TEXTURES"

268,435,456 *8 PS4

1,048,576 *8 Wii u

No 4K textures

4000 by 4000 by 4*8

00-FF
Solution 8bit aligned NAMED ARRAY

[A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z]

A=B now removes B and only reads A in cpu cache CPU cache has 2048bits free so the whole ARRAY FITS
Gl:youtube.com/watch?v=9pfmhKLK_6I&t Flops: youtube.com/watch?v=KNkSv2A4bEU
Switch 4TF using CPU algo.PBytes Throughput: https://youtu.be/KNkSv2A4bEU

User Info: TheRushDawg

TheRushDawg
5 months ago#46
CaptainWario posted...
Wii u = Great games on a console that was not loved by many....even Nintendo

That about sums it up. I think Nintendo tried to support Wii U until around 2014. When it was obvious the system was not going to succeed, they basically phoned it in for the next 2 years until the Switch was ready to launch.

There are some great games, no doubt, but they're trapped on an unpopular system with some weird hardware (game pad mainly).
PSN: RushDawg
NNID: TheRushDawg

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
5 months ago#47
Nintendo had no plans for online gaming on the one console that they made (Wii U) that needed it to be successful. The Wii U was amazing, but the overall strategy for making it a success was trash.

Edit: No Battlefield 3. No Battlefield 4. No Commander Mode for the Wii U gamepad in 2013 when the controller seemed to be specifically built for this kind of thing? Think about it. This console lacked the games early on that would make people excited about the hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3wGZsyHfKs

User Info: Infinity8378

Infinity8378
5 months ago#48
The key to named arrays is shared headers between variables which control the value. Another advantage is that there are no array indicies so you save 8MB in integer reading/incrementing.
Gl:youtube.com/watch?v=9pfmhKLK_6I&t Flops: youtube.com/watch?v=KNkSv2A4bEU
Switch 4TF using CPU algo.PBytes Throughput: https://youtu.be/KNkSv2A4bEU
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U was amazing Right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived