Wii U was amazing Right?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U was amazing Right?

User Info: Infinity8378

Infinity8378
4 months ago#1
Discuss It's strengths and Weaknesses
Gl:youtube.com/watch?v=9pfmhKLK_6I&t Flops: youtube.com/watch?v=KNkSv2A4bEU
Switch 4TF using CPU algo.PBytes Throughput: https://youtu.be/KNkSv2A4bEU

User Info: CaptainWario

CaptainWario
4 months ago#2
Wii u = Great games on a console that was not loved by many....even Nintendo

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
4 months ago#3
CaptainWario posted...

Vita basically
Posted with GameRaven 3.3

User Info: Brettsky128

Brettsky128
4 months ago#4
The console of lost potential. The Gamepad killed the thing. The Switch is what the Wii U wanted to be.
Xbox: brettsky128 - PS: brettsky128 - Switch: brettsky128 - Steam: brettsky128 - GoG: brettsky128 gfaqs: brettsky128 - Youtube: brettsky128...

User Info: CherryTsundere

CherryTsundere
4 months ago#5
The worst mainline console Nintendo ever made, with no potential that got completely outclassed as soon as the PS4 and Xbox One came out.

Heck, it was outclassed from the beginning by the 3DS.
'Cause I'm a primadonna girl, yeah
All I ever wanted was the world

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
4 months ago#6
Wrong.

Yet as soon as Switch got a great game (Odyssey) it became the top seller after a launch that suggested it was going down the same route as Wii U.....

So why didn't Wii U with its alleged "great games" sell like Switch is entirely on just one?

Oh, right. Because Wii U didn't have good games. Nothing hammers the point home that Switch's lackluster launch when its main attractions were literal ports of Wii U games..... one was the "Zelda" that was supposed to be Wii U's own. The other was a DX version of the honest to goodness best selling Wii U game.

And those two couldn't push Switch. Oh no. It took until E3 2017 until there was any real interest beyond Nintendo fanboys that would have bought it no matter what.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Skill4Reel

Skill4Reel
4 months ago#7
Over five years later and I am still wishing that certain developers would have made their games for the Wii U and did specific things to utilize the gamepad with those games. So I agree with Brettsky128's post above about the Wii U being wasted potential, but that is all that I agree with him on.

Neither Nintendo or third party developers seemed able or willing to support this console with the kinds of games that it needed to be successful in a timely manner. Not to mention all of the social applications and other software that could have been added to the Wii U experience to really make the gamepad shine that it never got.

All the Switch does for third party developers is allows them to do what they always do. Which is port the same games to another Nintendo platform without improving anything, and then selling it over again. Full portability of the Switch gives them a popular gimmick to do that easily. While porting games to the Wii U using the gamepad to actually improve console gaming seemed to be too much of a challenge for an industry that just wants to keep selling the same old s*** over and over again.

That is why Ubisoft canned Ghost Recon Online for Wii U when it was announced before the console released, and settled for a port of a Splinter Cell: Blacklist years later. A game that was already finished that was primarily developed for other platforms. I've been saying for years that most AAA third party developers just want a way to use Nintendo consoles as a cheap afterthought port machine where people actually buy them. Little effort to make games, and big profits.

The Wii U was a great concept that had a flawed support plan from all parties involved.

Edit: My biggest takeaway from the Wii U is that Nintendo succeeded in building a true next generation controller that did things previous console controllers were not capable of. Then the game developers, media, and consumers all rejected it.

User Info: Infinity8378

Infinity8378
4 months ago#8
CherryTsundere posted...
The worst mainline console Nintendo ever made, with no potential that got completely outclassed as soon as the PS4 and Xbox One came out.

What? 3ds is much too weak and PS4 has less flops single percision.
Gl:youtube.com/watch?v=9pfmhKLK_6I&t Flops: youtube.com/watch?v=KNkSv2A4bEU
Switch 4TF using CPU algo.PBytes Throughput: https://youtu.be/KNkSv2A4bEU

User Info: Brianst0rm

Brianst0rm
4 months ago#9
CherryTsundere posted...

Troll post fail

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
4 months ago#10
Brianst0rm posted...
CherryTsundere posted...

Troll post fail

Tsun isn't exactly wrong tbh
Posted with GameRaven 3.3
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U was amazing Right?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived