Will formatting the Wii U also erase all Wii Shop Channel related data/Wiiware

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will formatting the Wii U also erase all Wii Shop Channel related data/Wiiware

User Info: j_coat

j_coat
5 months ago#1
Or will Classic Wii digital games and data have to be deleted within the Wii Menu?
3DS FC: 4554-0356-4310 Garbodor / Cascoon / Whirlipede-Pokemon XY Safari

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 months ago#2
Pretty sure it erases everything. I'm not sure if you can even reinstall games you previously bought.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: Aaron44126

Aaron44126
4 months ago#3
Pretty sure it erases everything as well. I believe the option to "format" the Wii system has been removed from the Wii settings in "classic mode" on the Wii U. You can only erase it from the Wii U menu.

You should be able to redownload Wii games afterwards (and any games that you had stored on the SD card will likely be non-functional until redownloaded), but to redownload Wii U games you will have to hook it up to the NNID again first.

User Info: j_coat

j_coat
4 months ago#4
Visited the Wii Shop Channel on the Wii U and it seems you can still erase your Wii Shop Account on the Wii U through there if you haven't formatted already. I'm just wondering if this is already done for you after a Wii U format or if you have to delete it there too.
3DS FC: 4554-0356-4310 Garbodor / Cascoon / Whirlipede-Pokemon XY Safari
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Will formatting the Wii U also erase all Wii Shop Channel related data/Wiiware

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived