What was the biggest disappointment of the Wii U for you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the biggest disappointment of the Wii U for you?

User Info: SaraAB87

SaraAB87
1 month ago#121
Now that the system is just about done there are a lot of good games on it to be played, at lower prices then those on the switch.

I guess the disappointment was that there was no real 3rd party support and Nintendo basically made the system for its own games and those were slow to release. No mainline Pokemon game on the Wii U. But as always, right now its a good system since the games are cheap and they are all out. I have a giant stack of Wii U games here, so if anyone says "there are no games on the Wii U" then that is a lie.

The switch is kind of disappointing as well, as the games are $60 on the switch and much less elsewhere. Also the switch doesn't do anything but play games, and it does not come with a pack in game plus you will be buying an expensive memory card shortly after buying the system (fortunately I stocked up on SD cards on Black friday so that will not be an issue here) no web browser, no netflix, hulu youtube etc.. I am banking on a big Pokemon release to make it worth owning.
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 3926-4622-6128

User Info: TsundereAmiChan

TsundereAmiChan
1 month ago#122
SaraAB87 posted...
it does not come with a pack in game

Um, it comes with Splatoon 2.

Also I don't think the Wii U came with a game unless you got the black one
Come and join the new GameFAQs Sailor Moon board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1426-anime-and-manga-sailor-moon

User Info: SwitchNinja2

SwitchNinja2
1 month ago#123
TsundereAmiChan posted...
SaraAB87 posted...

And there's a Mario Odyssey bundle as well.

SaraAB87 posted...
Now that the system is just about done there are a lot of good games on it to be played, at lower prices then those on the switch.

I guess the disappointment was that there was no real 3rd party support and Nintendo basically made the system for its own games and those were slow to release. No mainline Pokemon game on the Wii U. But as always, right now its a good system since the games are cheap and they are all out. I have a giant stack of Wii U games here, so if anyone says "there are no games on the Wii U" then that is a lie.

The switch is kind of disappointing as well, as the games are $60 on the switch and much less elsewhere. Also the switch doesn't do anything but play games, and it does not come with a pack in game plus you will be buying an expensive memory card shortly after buying the system (fortunately I stocked up on SD cards on Black friday so that will not be an issue here) no web browser, no netflix, hulu youtube etc.. I am banking on a big Pokemon release to make it worth owning.

The Switch has Hulu.
Currently Playing: Breath of the Wild (The Champions' Ballad)
Game Backlog: Wind Waker HD, Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Rayman Legends

User Info: PoorRetroGamer

PoorRetroGamer
1 month ago#124
Third Party support.

Not having games like Resident Evil Revelations 2, Tomb Raider 2013, GTAV and many others, killed the console at the very start.

User Info: pwwnd123

pwwnd123
1 month ago#125
PoorRetroGamer posted...
Third Party support.

Not having games like Resident Evil Revelations 2, Tomb Raider 2013, GTAV and many others, killed the console at the very start.

That is true. The Wii U could've easily handled GTAV. It's more powerful than the PS3/X360 in graphics power alone alongside having more RAM.
A 2000s era gamer who grew up with retro technology from the 90s.

User Info: Frozenx07

Frozenx07
1 month ago#126
TsundereAmiChan posted...
SaraAB87 posted...

The basic model (8GB) did not come with a game but the deluxe model (32GB) came with Nintendo Land.

The Switch did not launch with a pack-in game. Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey bundles came later.

User Info: Echo738

Echo738
1 month ago#127
The complete lack of games. It was torturous waiting 3-4 months between games I actually wanted to buy; I own maybe a dozen Wii U games and that's about all I'm interested in getting.
PSN: Echo738
3DS: 5327 - 1006 - 6635

User Info: Nadster

Nadster
1 month ago#128
The fact that it's a commercial failure. The Wii U is a great system. Also the third party lack and not having the entire Earth/Motherbound trilogy.
"This is a quote."

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
1 month ago#129
3rd party games, which would be fine if the big N turned out a lot more 1st party games than they do. I'm content w/ my Wii U because the only reason I wanted one, was to supplement a console I already have-& it is doing just that.

I've found, that no matter what primary console I have & no matter how many games I have..I Still miss the magic of Nintendo.

I was mostly happy w/ my Xbox One-but I had to have Pikmin 3, I had to have Cptn Toad Treasure Tracker etc.
GT: Bludluvr Where do you get off exceding the limits of Sex appeal? Now playing Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario 3D World, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What was the biggest disappointment of the Wii U for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived