Any other rare Wii U games yet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Any other rare Wii U games yet?

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
6 months ago#41
Yeto_Reacher posted...
Mozzezz posted...
I forgot to mention, the original MSRP for Wii Sports Club I'm pretty sure was $39.99. So it wasn't your standard $60 Wii U game.

Interesting. Did not know that.

Yeah, knowing it's initial price combined with how much the game can go for is a bit of a shocker considering the surrounding circumstances. Like especially considering with the Wii everyone and literally their Grandma had and was playing Wii Sports fairly reliquary for a good amount of time and nothing like that happened with the sequel Wii Sports Resort even though it wasn't as popular as the first in the series. The series just fell into the abyss almost out of nowhere with the third entry.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
6 months ago#42
Mozzezz posted...
The series just fell into the abyss almost out of nowhere with the third entry.

The tech demos made this look amazing btw.
Dr. Evil: My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

User Info: GeOstyle

GeOstyle
6 months ago#43
Just picked up xenoblade chronicles x because I know how jrpgs keep there value or go up. Got rodea with the wii game for 13$ at a toys r us. Not sure what the rarity is for that. But yeah got a lot of these hard to find rare gems while back because I knew they would be expensive or some jerk selling on eBay for way too much later.
Fallen

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
6 months ago#44
GeOstyle posted...
or some jerk selling on eBay for way too much later.

Smart man.
Dr. Evil: My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

User Info: Mozzezz

Mozzezz
6 months ago#45
Yeto_Reacher posted...
Mozzezz posted...
The series just fell into the abyss almost out of nowhere with the third entry.

The tech demos made this look amazing btw.

That's the other thing, it's nothing mind blowing, but it's still a fairly solid entry into the series.

The Boxing game added the use of two Wii Motes with motion plus per person instead of a Wii Mote + nun Chuck which was interesting and definitely improved the game. It's also the first time boxing would see motion plus at all since it wasn't in Wii Sports Resort.

The Golf game was a little deceiving since they made it look like you had to align the Wii Mote with the Gamepad like a tee when you could avoid this. This was the most disappointing thing about the game since otherwise it plays exactly the same as Wii Sports Resort Golf, but if I'm not mistaken they still added 9 new holes not in the previous two entries.

The Baseball game added the ability to catch the ball after a hit by looking at and moving around the Gamepad which I thought was pretty kool. Pitching was also done by the Pad, but I kind of think this was a downgrade. Batting to me felt almost the same as the original Wii Sports, but after looking around for a bit I finally found an article that says the Motion Plus does in fact improve it, but it's not that noticeable. Remember, there was no Baseball in Wii Sports Resort, so this is the first time it's getting motion plus.

The Tennis game added motion plus support, and I just looked around, by doing this it did add new controls to the game. But Wii Sports Resort had motion plus in Table Tennis, and they don't play that much different from each other aside for the fact that I think you can hit shots in the Tennis game that can make a character completely out of range from getting the ball.

I think bowling is exactly the same as Wii Sports Resort.

The other thing is though, all the games got an online option which I think is pretty huge. And they also all got an upgrade to 1080p which is nice (they also all run at 60fps, but I know Wii Sports ran at 60fps and I think Wii Sports Resort also did but I'm not sure, so that's not really an upgrade).

The more I think about it, I guess this game fell off cause the Wii U didn't really have casual support. I'm still kind of surprised though cause I still thought many core Nintendo players liked this series. I don't really like sports, but I still really enjoyed this line of games cause they were so fresh and used the controllers in a unique way.
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632 N3DS Friend Code: 0189-8871-1995
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Any other rare Wii U games yet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived