Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

User Info: taoxadasa

taoxadasa
11 months ago#21
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

It's not bad or anything, and I think overall it's a good game, but I've seen so many people who have said it's such a great game, that it's better than MK8 and way better than the original, etc

Imo it's been kinda disappointing because I feel a lot of things about it are weaker than the first All-Stars Racing. It does have some stuff better than the first but not nearly enough to make me think it's a huge improvement or anything.
Currently playing:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Scribblenauts, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

User Info: Sonicfreak2897

Sonicfreak2897
11 months ago#22
For me its the Wonderful 101, I don't know if it was the difficulty or the controls but could not get into that one.
Friend Code: 4983-4945-0232

User Info: digressive

digressive
11 months ago#23
Citan22 posted...
i'm just not a big fan of the overall genre, even though i greatly enjoyed the original Devil May Cry and God of War, largely due to their atmosphere and cast of characters.. Bayonetta honestly makes me cringe all the way through.

I often wonder if the Wii U's library wasn't so small if Bayonetta 2 would still be so highly touted.

I'm right there with you.

The genre is way too "busy" for me.

And the atmosphere, cast, and stories of both Bayonettas don't do it for me either.

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
11 months ago#24
Littlefoot posted...
I'll probably get huge flack for this... but my answer is Bayonetta. It's not a bad game by any means, don't get me wrong, but so far i don't see what makes the game so special for others. It's just a normal hack and slash with some corny though funny cutscenes.

Granted, i'm very early in the game so it might get better as i play more.

Agreed, I just got burnt out on those type of games during the PS2 era with the Devil May Cry series. I absolutely loved the Devil May Cry series during that time, but now I can't play those type of games...ok, the God of War series was awesome too, but we could just say genre fatigue for me.

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
11 months ago#25
taoxadasa posted...
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

It's not bad or anything, and I think overall it's a good game, but I've seen so many people who have said it's such a great game, that it's better than MK8 and way better than the original, etc

Sonic Racing Transformed lets you dodge the game's homing projectiles and the "launch pain at 1st place person and screw them up" item by being skilled enough.
And in addition, the latter item lingers as obstacles for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. position racers.

That makes it automatically better than any Mario Kart.
...or whatever.

User Info: YAMBAG84

YAMBAG84
11 months ago#26
@MDS2005
I just got that game a couple of weeks ago because I heard it was really good and the sound of being able to dodge projectiles sounds awesome. I honestly only enjoy Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. All of the others are too cheap and difficult in my opinion and it's not worth playing if it's less than 150cc and up.
I WANT to love Mario Kart 8 so much, but I just CAN'T. It looks so damn good and controls well, but I'm tired of getting butt-railed by being in first place.

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
11 months ago#27
Breath of the wild or Mario Kart 8 both very underwhelming (on both consoles).
Here we go, off the rails.

User Info: aliashubbatch

aliashubbatch
11 months ago#28
Smash 4, and XCX.

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
11 months ago#29
Smash 4, Yoshi's Woolly World
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
11 months ago#30
TC2Kevin posted...
It's a VC game but I'm playing for the first time on Wii U so I'm going to go with Earthbound. For a game that's supposed to be such a classic it's been pretty average.

"It's a VC game but I'm playing for the first time on Wii U"

Just leave the board and don't come back, we don't want your kind here.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Most overrated games you've played on the Wii U?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived