• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Yeto_Reacher

Yeto_Reacher
1 year ago#31
The game is legitimately creepy thus far. Pretty good graphics. IDK if its that I have to constantly look at my inventory or the British accents...
Vargas: Why not? Quinlan doesn't have a monopoly on hunches.

User Info: TendaShy

TendaShy
1 year ago#32
stephen_31686 posted...
I just found it kind of generic. It never grabbed me, so I never played for more than a few hours.

In terms of gameplay, it didn't seem generic to me. Of course, I could have simply missed out on games it copies but I've yet to find a game that plays quite like it (and the gamepad's impact on the game clearly makes it one of a kind). Now, if you really just mean that beating zombies to death with a cricket bat got old for you pretty fast and it wasn't all that frightening, then that's more in line with what I'd expect someone to complain about.

Personally, I was able to get into it and get to a point where I stopped using the cricket bat and went for crossbow kills to support my ammo conservation habit, so that I could then unleash with the big guns for the really tough parts of the game. If you do that, the cricket bat becomes non-essential rather early, which opens up the chance to experiment and have fun with horde fights. Then you've got a game where your plans either come together beautifully in fights or you find yourself overwhelmed by some glorious miscalculation that leads to a frantic fight to stay alive and maybe fix your mistake.

It has its moments, but it also felt like the developers left a lot of potential untapped.
NNID: TendaShy
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/TendaShy
  • Topic Archived