People are actually saying Tropical Freeze was a bad game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are actually saying Tropical Freeze was a bad game?

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 months ago#51
SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
Anyone who says DKCTF is bad or okay has NOT played it

Anyone who says DKCTF is great or perfect has NOT played it

Never said it was perfect, I merely said it was great. What about it made it bad exactly?

Never said it was bad, I merely said it was decent. What about it made it great exactly?

I think it isn't great because DK's physics feel weird, the camera is zoomed out too far, and the sound effects are forgettable or even bad (DK sounds ridiculous). It can't reach "greatness." I can understand how people can think it is "good" even if I only find it decent, but to call it great is disrespectful to truly great games like the DKC trilogy.

The level design feels very natural and well-thought out. The graphics and music are great. What's not to love?
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: zado19

zado19
4 months ago#52
@SSjYagami posted...
Contrary opinion =/= contrarian

well actually, to have a CONTRARY opinion is to be contrary.... and to be contrary just for the hell of it is being a contrarian.

Having a DIFFERENT opinion is not contrarian though..... words, interesting how they have different meaning huh
Im no longer responding to morons, so dont tag or quote me if you have something moronic or delusional to say... cant stomach the foolishness anymore

User Info: old-new72

old-new72
4 months ago#53
@LuigiFan835

Just stop. You're being one of these extremist fanboys at the moment.
"Super Mario Kart has better 3D graphics than Saturn games." The cranky hermit

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
4 months ago#54
old-new72 posted...
@LuigiFan835

Well not exactly. SSJYagami could just easily be considered an extremist hater then. They just both represent different opinions on the game. The difference is more people love the game than hate it so I would side with Luigi on this one.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
4 months ago#55
LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

Never said it was perfect, I merely said it was great. What about it made it bad exactly?

Never said it was bad, I merely said it was decent. What about it made it great exactly?

I think it isn't great because DK's physics feel weird, the camera is zoomed out too far, and the sound effects are forgettable or even bad (DK sounds ridiculous). It can't reach "greatness." I can understand how people can think it is "good" even if I only find it decent, but to call it great is disrespectful to truly great games like the DKC trilogy.

The level design feels very natural and well-thought out. The graphics and music are great. What's not to love?

I halfway agree. The design feels natural, but they don't seem well-thought out to me. I actually think those issues are related and I'm glad you articulated those points because I don't think the natural looking environments lend themselves well to gameplay. The original DKC series had a lot more random floating objects and nothing seemed too natural but more realistic landscapes don't really translate to better game design.

Graphics were good, art style left something to be desired. Music was fine, not as memorable though. It's simply an inferior experience all-around. Inferior doesn't mean bad, but not as good. It's a bit of a mixed bag for me.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: SSjYagami

SSjYagami
4 months ago#56
SaturnSnowman posted...
old-new72 posted...
@LuigiFan835

Well not exactly. SSJYagami could just easily be considered an extremist hater then. They just both represent different opinions on the game. The difference is more people love the game than hate it so I would side with Luigi on this one.

I agreed until the last sentence where the determining factor rested upon popular opinion. That's a bit shallow.
Mods are pathetic SJWs who abuse their administrative abilities and couldn't muster a logical defense for their actions to save their lives. Worthless.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
4 months ago#57
old-new72 posted...
@LuigiFan835

I mean, I criticize Nintendo a fair bit, so I think it's kind of a stretch to say I'm an xtremist fanboy.

SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...
SSjYagami posted...
LuigiFan835 posted...

I halfway agree. The design feels natural, but they don't seem well-thought out to me. I actually think those issues are related and I'm glad you articulated those points because I don't think the natural looking environments lend themselves well to gameplay. The original DKC series had a lot more random floating objects and nothing seemed too natural but more realistic landscapes don't really translate to better game design.

Graphics were good, art style left something to be desired. Music was fine, not as memorable though. It's simply an inferior experience all-around. Inferior doesn't mean bad, but not as good. It's a bit of a mixed bag for me.

Okay, I guess that's fair enough. Sorry for the rudeness. I still think it's clearly a well-designed game but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on it being better than the originals
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814
Mii Name: Luigi; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
4 months ago#58
SSjYagami posted...
SaturnSnowman posted...
old-new72 posted...
@LuigiFan835

I agreed until the last sentence where the determining factor rested upon popular opinion. That's a bit shallow.

It's also a bit true.
I like games and anime. My favorite games include the following: Mother 1-3, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Cross, Zelda LA-ALttP-OoT-MM-ALBW, and Super Smash Bros.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. People are actually saying Tropical Freeze was a bad game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived